cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband

lornaparsons
Hooked

broadband

Since i have changed from my last supplier the broadband ,netflix etc has been the worst i have ever had.In the evening i cant do anything ,pages take ages to load or dont load at all ,films on netflix take twice as long to watch because they keep stopping ,i want to know what you are going to do about it.I dont really care what MB you say i get down my phone line i am not getting the service that i pay for.This never happened with my previous supplier and it is the same phone line so whats changed ,do you slow it down to make more money surely the speeds should be the same as it is THE SAME PHONE LINE.if you dont sort it out i will change supplier contract or not ,you are not supplying the service that i should be getting

15 REPLIES 15
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: broadband

I've just been testing your line but can't see any obvious causes for the problem. 

Are the devices you've been seeing this problem with connected over WiFi? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
lornaparsons
Hooked

yes laptop and tv ,i never had any problems before

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers for getting back to us, it would be a good idea to try following the checks here next: https://goo.gl/OwfjxM

Please keep us posted so we can keep following things up with you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
lornaparsons
Hooked

But the thing is i have had broadband for a lot of years and been set up the same way and never had any problems until i changed to plusnet

It happens between 7 - 11 pm ,tried to watch a program on netflix last night and it buffers so many times it is unwatchable ,do you think this is acceptable

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Your set up might not have changed, but the usage of other Wifi channels in your area might well have without you being aware of it.

Worth installing an app like 'Wifi analyzer' to discover exactly what is happening and whether you would fare better changing channel.

If you don't want to use an app, at least try a channel you're not already on - 1, 6 and 11 usually work best.

Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

@JayG - Or use a wired connection to eliminate any WIFI issues.

lornaparsons
Hooked

how do you change the channel ,thanks

JayG
Pro

You need to log into your router first - if it's a PlusNet router all you should need to know is in this link (channel setting/changing is reached via the 'Wi-Fi Network' settings):

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

How'd you get on with this lornaparsons?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lornaparsons
Hooked

To be honest i havent ,i try and log on to the router and you get pages and pages ,telling you to do different things ,then i realised i have been at this address for over 10 years with broadband and have never encounted a problem until i joined you ,why is this.

Why do i have to spend a long time trying to sort out the problem which i pay you for

I cant watch anything in the evening ,buffers so many times ,i cant bid on ebay because pages dont load ,takes so long ,why should i have to put up with this

I am know ready to jump ship and go with  provider who dosent supply such a [-Censored-] service

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Why do i have to spend a long time trying to sort out the problem which i pay you for

Wireless signal is affected by numerous environmental factors, which are out of our control.
We're responsible for your connection from the exchange to your property.

This guide explains how to change the wireless channel which should help you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lornaparsons
Hooked

Wow you really like to pass the buck as usual for a company ,DID you not hear me,BEFORE i joined your [-Censored-] service i had NO PROBLEM with anything ARE you getting that ,so where does the wifi come from, your box ,so your box is some chinese rubbish that cant do the job ARE YOU LISTENING 10 YEARS WITH NO THATS NO PROBLEM UNTIL I JOINED YOU I did try the other channels SAME old [-Censored-] if not worse
JayG
Pro

You haven't stated whether you have tried using a wired connection to see if the problem persists, so the possibility remains you have a Wi-Fi reception problem which isn't necessarily PlusNet's fault.

Not much point you continuing to post in your thread if you choose to keep ranting rather than co-operating with those trying to help you.

Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

@lornaparsons - Try a wired connection. If no joy, then you may need to change filter(s) or router. PN may send you another one.

Oh, and as it's been mentioned, ranting and raving won't get you anywhere.