cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband speed terrible

dalebecky5

broadband speed terrible

hello this is my 1st post on the forums and i'm close to pulling my hair out!
in my villiage they are currently digging up all over for fiber cables. every time they start digging up are broadband speed takes a huge drop the mrs can't use i player or any thing like that because every 2 seconds it starts to buffer and then i get constant nagging from her iv been on the web chat and all i get told is every thing is fine and that it is not comeing up with any faults but something is going wrong somewhere . iv tryed to raise a fault but it keeps saying something went wrong and kicks me out of it . has any one had simler problems when they start digging the roads up ?
4 REPLIES 4
HLG
Dabbler

Re: broadband speed terrible

I'm having the exact same problem, and Openreach have been doing major work on the cables where I live too. (We couldn't be living in the same place could we? Are you in North-East England...?)

dalebecky5

south yorkshire and i'm glad i'm not the only one . it's so annoying putting up with. those temp traffic lights ha but makes it even more annoying when it effects your internet. it's every time they dig up we have the problem
HLG
Dabbler

Ah right, I was wondering if it was where I live because this whole area was off while Openreach moved the cabinet (they're still doing work in the general area). Ever since it was "fixed", my internet has been only 0.18mbps. Would have been reassuring to find I'm not the only one round here having problems.

Have you run a speedtest to find out what your exact speed is? There's a BT Wholesale one you could try: http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

dalebecky5

ye tryed speed test my end was comeing up with 1.8 down load and 0.6 upload however on plus net side there line was showing 13