Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband speed less that half what it is normaly

hexa
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

broadband speed less that half what it is normaly

just noticed my speed is at half what it is normally. can't think of any reason why this should suddenly happen.

is there some problem?

4 REPLIES 4
hexa
Rising Star

Re: broadband speed less that half what it is normaly

you advertise your simpy broadband as speeds upto 17Mbs and i'm getting 3.93Mbs

in zone 2 central london.

well it's certainly 'up-to'. not very useful though for people to know what exactly you are offering so they can make their minds up. 

should be against the law for you to make these misleading lies about broadband speeds. 

such a [-Censored-] take. whole industry needs to be nationalised and put back to serving the people not fat cat middle men. loads of threads on here about people complaining about slow speeds.

hexa
Rising Star

i dont know why you are so mealy mouthed about telling people what their speeds were. mine has always been the same, giving a practical downloading speed of around 1MBS which to me it the bare minimum acceptability for broadband. now you are trying to give me 400kbs. well you can [-Censored-] off with this 3rd world internet speed.I'm taking you to court over it. no [-Censored-]ing way a'm I putting up with having you imply I'll get 17Mbs (2.25MBs) and then barley providing 1/2, and now going down to 1990s speeds that when I live in central bloody london.

hexa
Rising Star

speed seems back to normal. fingers crossed that does not become a regular thing. it's really not asking much for the a 'broadband' speed to stay above 1MB and not go down into Kb territory

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Are you testing using a wired or wireless connection?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet