Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband not working but phone is....

brendanb581
Dabbler

broadband not working but phone is....

Hi
Moved from talk talk today, had engineer round and he said it was all good to go after installing.
The internet isn't working at all, even though the internet light shows on the router.
I open the browser and iget the broadband set up login screen and I log in and it says finishing set up but this goes on forever
Any ideas what's up here?
Brendan
25 REPLIES 25
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: broadband not working but phone is....

I suggest giving the CSC a ring on 0800 432 0200. Just wondering if your connection still needs to be activated.
David
brendanb581
Dabbler

I do have a text saying it will become active at midnight on the 6th but I had that before the engineer even came
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The extra 24 hours is the nominal time to complete back-end support work and notify Plusnet of order completion. However these tasks are usually completed much quicker than that. My suggestion to contact support still stands. Smiley
David
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

I will Check on this throughout tomorrow if Its not already activated for you !
brendanb581
Dabbler

I rang up last night and they told me my broadband activation was delayed or something? Can I leave this with you today to try and get it sorted as I am working all day 😕 thanks!
ScottStorey
Pro

Thats fine, leave it with me, I will pick it up on my break and/or after my shift so I can go through everything thoroughly for you.
brendanb581
Dabbler

Hi have you checked everything? I need this internet on asap as I can't do my work without it.
Thanks
ScottStorey
Pro

Hi brendanb581,
I've spent an hour looking over your account to see what is happening and to see what I can do to try and get you up and running.
The fibre is all still showing as delayed so I haven't been able to get anything up and running for you. The telephone line and broadband is still showing as with your previous provider so you may be able to get online with their equipment (unless they have cancelled your account) but even then you may not be able to get online depending on what work the engineer has done.
We won't be able to get anything else chased up tomorrow as our provisioning team and BT whole are not available and I have flagged this to the digicare team to pick up on Monday for you.
I'm really sorry it is not better news this evening for you.
brendanb581
Dabbler

Hi,
Will anyone get back to me about my broadband today? I do really need this on asap as my work does revolve around having internet access.
Thanks.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Sorry for the wait, I've been chasing this up.
Due to your old provider placing the cease on your line it has cancelled our order to take over your line. The cease has now been cancelled, the only option we have is to place a new order on your line which has been done. This will complete on the 22nd April, this is the earliest date that it can be due to Ofcom regulations.
Sorry it can't be any sooner.
Chris
brendanb581
Dabbler

Is there abaolutely no way of getting it on sooner? I am so stuck without the net!!!! Sad
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, we understand your pain, the 22nd is the soonest possible date I'm afraid.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
brendanb581
Dabbler

Will it definitely be completed by 22nd? As in I'll have internet on that day?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Yes, on the 22nd you'll have internet access.