Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband light on but no internet

FIXED
Cazlizzy
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

broadband light on but no internet

Hello..hoping for some help . I am a new customer..got my email yesterday to say all was up and running and to connect my router. Followed all instructions but the internet light is not there. I can't connect to internet. I have the 2704n router and have checked, rebooted, and followed all advice from forums and videos. Begining to think that maybe it is not activated after all.

I am at the moment using paid for bt wifi to get here but i dont use a home phone and dont have a mobile..when this runs out later today I am stuck.

can someone from plusnet pleas check activation from their end?

thank you

12 REPLIES 12
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: broadband light on but no internet

Hi @Cazlizzy,

I'm sorry to hear that your broadband hasn't been working following the activation. I've checked and the orders have completed and testing your line isn't picking up the cause of this issue. As you've been through the troubleshooting checks and these haven't resolved the problem, please report  it as a fault here and let us know when you've completed it - if you send us another message on here when you've done this we'll pick this back up and investigate this further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Cazlizzy
Rising Star

@EmilyD I have completed the form you linked to the best of my ability...though a bit concerned that in order to do so i had to acknowledge that a payment may be incurred if the equipment is faulty..I am a new customer for goodness sake and not even been online yet..lol I ran the microsoft trouble shooter on the conection an it says the link from the router to the internet appear not to be working...hence why I said I though maybe the actually internet is not activated..but whatever i do hope it will be sorted soon. It is a shame this has happened I was hoping for a smooth switch and never had a problem connecting like this before Sad anyway thank you for you assistance x

Ndegwa
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi there, I have updated the fault ticket so that this can get progressed. The ticket can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lee Y
 Plusnet Help Team
Cazlizzy
Rising Star

@Ndegwa thank you..I have already seen response and I am now not sure what I think or what I should do.    Seriously? I have to agree to pay £65 if an engineer thinks it is a fault from a check I was asked to do??  I am a 65yr old pensioner not a computer tech person. I don't know if i did all the checks right or not. 

I  simply switched from BT and signed up and is paying for a service from plusnet to provide me with internet. 3 days ago when i was still with BT my internet worked...I set up the equipment you sent me, exactly as I was instructed and for whatever reason that isn't providing me with internet. Surely if you provide the equipment it should be ready to use and fit for purpose and not need me to tweek, alter or adjust it to make it work or find out why it doesn't. I have never had to  do that with any other provider.

I'm sorry..I know you guys are only doing your job and trying to help..and that what is being asked is to assist in that..but I am just upset that what should have been in my eyes a simple switch is turning into a nightmare and one that I may end up having to pay extra fees for.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @Cazlizzy,

I've had a look at the fault that has been raised and the test results from the tests that were run yesterday. I've tested the line myself today to make sure nothing has changed; and it hasn't.

Because your line has never been in sync those faults always go into engineer appointment state very fast, because the chances are an error has caused the problem. That said we have to advise you the standard checks to perform and the possibility of charges because if that engineer attends and it turns out you just haven't plugged in your router (or something along those lines) then we will charge you for that, and many providers follow the same path. The only way to enforce something like that is to get an agreement before booking the engineer, and while it's a little heavy handed, as long as you have done the checks we've asked you will not get charged. 

If you want to check that have everything's plugged in and connected as it should, or that the standard checks have been fully completed we'll happily help in any way we can on the forums, or you can give the tech team a call on 08004320200 and we can talk you through any checks that are needed that way. 

Alternatively if you've checked everything, and there's nothing more you can do then it's best to go straight down the engineer route. Please let me know which option you'd like to take and we can go from there. 

Cazlizzy
Rising Star

@JOLO 

Last night I went through all the checks again and I am fairly confident I can do no more this end. (fingers crossed) so I accepted the terms and reponded on to the fault team. I told them that I think we need to proceed to the next stage and get an engineer appointment made (asap if tha'ts possible)
As I am at home most of the time so any time slot on any day will be fine so long as they can let me know .

I am a grumpy Old Bird at the best of times rofl and I was just frustrated and upset with the situation.

Thank you again for your patience and assistance in this matter.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Cazlizzy,

It's no problem, I can understand it's frustrating, especially when you're a new customer, but thank you for being understanding. 

I've updated the ticket with the appointment details. I've put your landline as the engineer contact (as this was the only number we hold for you). If you need this changing please reply to the ticket advising what number you want us to add to the fault and we'll update it for you. 

I'll put the ticket on hold until after the engineer slot and hopefully that resolves the problem. When they've been if you want to let us know how it went then please update this post. Fingers crossed this fixes the problem for you. 

Any other issues you need addressing then please let us know.

Cazlizzy
Rising Star

@JOLO Thank you.  Yes lets hope its all systems go after Monday..lol I will let you know. Smiley

Cazlizzy
Rising Star

Fix

@JOLO @Ndegwa @EmilyD Just to let you guys know...the engineer was out today and it seems the problem was at the exchange something about the wrong profiles....all sorted now and its up and running.

Thank you all for your patience and assistance. 

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Cazlizzy,

Thanks for letting us know. I just checked the engineer notes and they've noted there was a missing jumper on the connection.

I've made sure your downtime has been refunded back to you too. 

Fingers crossed that's the last of your problems but if you have anymore you know where we are!

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Cazlizzy.

Glad to hear it's all sorted. Let us know if you need any further assistance. Thanks.

Cazlizzy
Rising Star

@JOLO well it has been a bit of a heat wave..I didn't have my jumper on either...rofl Grin Grin Grin