Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband keeps cutting out since last night

hexa
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

broadband keeps cutting out since last night

since 11pm until now last night my internet connection seems very unstable and keeps cutting out for long periods. resetting router did not help. can you check my line for any problems?

17 REPLIES 17
hexa
Rising Star

Re: broadband keeps cutting out since last night

my internet is useless. the broadband and internet lights on the router keep going out and then constantly flashing. never had any trouble until last night.

hexa
Rising Star

hello? is any staff on this forum? internet has been unusable for 24hrs.. while i'm being charged  money for this...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear you're experiencing connection problems.

Our tests aren't finding the cause for the drops but we can see them.

Can you run through the troubleshooting steps here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242 and if you're still experiencing problems, please report a fault to us at https://goo.gl/ZMu71n letting us know when you've completed it. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hexa
Rising Star

will do

hexa
Rising Star

ive gone through all the steps but still geting random internet disconnects and i've filled out the form. it needs fixing ASAP as i need the internet for work, and i dont see why i should be paying when i'm not getting any service. i saw an open reach van parked outside yesterday and the faults started soon after so it may be something to do with them doing something...

hexa
Rising Star

can you get something done about this? what the hell? 2nd day with no service! get it sorted ASAP!

had 1 'shrug of the sholders' response from you guys so far. not happy at all! i expect the days without service to be refunded from the bill.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Have you reported a fault?

You have not given any usable information that could be used to help you!

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @hexa,

I've taken a look into your account today and raised a response via the open fault ticket which can be viewed here. Please let us know once you have responded to the ticket so that we may progress the investigation of the fault further along as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
hexa
Rising Star

i cant respond it says 'closed'

hexa
Rising Star

im using a phone and your stupid layout puts 'repy' and close' next to each other. well done.

and there is no way to reopen the ticket of even open a new ticket. tried calling and gave up after 30mins on hold. god your cusomer service is terrible. cant wait to ditch you guys when the contract is up.

hexa
Rising Star

I'm complaing to offcom. This is absolute garbage service. Internet randomly stops working. I test it with 2 modems, filters, wires l via master socket and get same problem.

No one can give any explanation even though they can see the sudden connection problem with their own eyes.

Now I've got to basically agree to pay £65 for an engineer to come, which will prob take a week, and only on a weekday of course as they are such jobsworths. Then he can say anything, even if its their fault how can I prove it. Probably how they make their money by scam engineer visits.

This countries telcom industry is 3rd world. All built around them doing as little as possible and charging as much as they can get. Absolute joke.

Mustrum
Community Veteran

If you have carried out the basic checks in the help section then you won't get charged the £65 - that only applies if the engineer finds its your equipment or wiring.

It's unlikely you will get an engineer at the weekend, for one they dn't likely working weekends, and Openreach don't like paying them extra.

Do you have a noisy phone line? Dial rom a corded phone and select option 2.

hexa
Rising Star

i dont use a land phone cos i dont live in the 80s. checking the news seesm like virgin had outages around the 16th in my area.

dont know if this is anything to do with that but it would explain alot.

they will charge me 65 if they 'find nothing wrong'. which may well be if it's some openreach outage shenannegans on their end. but of course no one has any explanation or answer which is the problem when ISPs are nothing more than middlemen for opereach...

Mustrum
Community Veteran

Broadband is carried over the phone line that was never designed to carry such high speeds. So if your phone line is not quiet, then you will get disruption and slower broadband speeds.

Call out a broadband engineer for a noisy may only delay the rectification of your service.

The £65 charge applies only if they find your wiring or equipment is causing the issue.

You can get a cheap phone for well under £10 from Argos or your preferred retailer - plug it into the test socket to check for the quiet line test.