Did you mean: 

broadband fault diary

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: broadband fault diary

Quote from: devontex
The delay has been getting permission from the council to dig up the road to fix the fault. Strange for what was diagnosed as a electrical interference problem

Cable 'faults' make lines more susceptible to electrical interference.  Generally it can be easier to fix the susceptibility fault than to remove the interference - least that has been my experience of line noise brought about by passing WCML electric trains.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

devontex

I have fibre broadband, engineer turn up out of the blue to complete install. Ask him about the fault 267metres from the cabinet, his reply and your like this 267metres from the cabinet is your NTE socket. The previous engineer was seeing the end of the line.
Just need to set up the router when I get home later and away I should go
nimzoking64
Dabbler

Quote from: devontex
your like this 267metres from the cabinet is your NTE socket. The previous engineer was seeing the end of the line.

Crazy
LOL .....
Mind you, you would think (logically), that they could test the other way .... i.e. if one end says the fault is xxx meters away, then go to the end and that says xxx metres away .... do your plotting and you know where the fault is.  Now we just await a lurking BT engineer to explain why this will not work  Lips_are_sealed