cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband extremely slow, keeps dropping connection

luckycaz88

broadband extremely slow, keeps dropping connection

ok ive tried both chat and phone and the waiting times are just insane. Since getting online with plusnet the service has been terrible.

My broadband connection went from 5.5mb to under 1mb my router keeps disconnecting every 10 minutes, the connection seems to be getting slower and slower every day. my phone line has a temperamental fault which keeps coming and going with crackling, hissing and echo noises which keeps coming and going but gets worse when it rains and when I download something my phone becomes even noiser. ive connected my phone and broadband through the test socket with a new microfilter infact ive tried 2 different microfilters just incase it was that which its not. ive tried my own personal router too see if it was a plusnet router problem which again its not so ive now reconnected the plusnet router.

please someone help I just cant seem to get any support.

5 REPLIES 5
jamessc
Rising Star

Re: broadband extremely slow, keeps dropping connection

Sorry to say that this is the standard for plusnet - the 'support' service is as bad as it gets, utterly absurd waiting times, it's an outright disgrace, and always has been.

Abominable. Sure, if you have an hour - yes, AN HOUR!!!??!?! to sit around waiting to get through to someone, the staff are generally helpful, but there is absolutely no excuse for the appalling disgrace for 'service' that this company pretends to provide.

Thomas5020
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Could be water on the line. 

As for the support, they don't listen and try to blame it on you. I haven't had a working connection for around 8 years now. 

8 whole years. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

Line tests don't show an obvious cause. It would be a good idea to try the checks here next https://goo.gl/tu2WWuf do let us know how you get on. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
luckycaz88

Its ovious your not reading the full problem my connection is now under 0.5mb my promised speed was 3mb so as stated earlier it is a tempramental fault which means it works when it wants too. Just like the crackling on my line. It is only picked up as a fault when it happens. Even plusnet should know that. The previous tenant was with sky and told him the line has a tempramental fault but as he was moving it is now my responsability to fix with my current provider which is plusnet.

What am i supposed to do with a connection that does not stay on long enough too even watch a 5 min youtube video. Takes 10 minutes too load a website. Ive gave up trying to check my gmail account as it does not load up at all.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, I'm pretty sure I understood the issue. If a fault is intermittent the same checks apply and it's not essential that they're done at the point that the fault is affecting you as we can still get it looked into. 

The videos aren't essential but if you still can't stay online long enough to read the checks outlined I'd give us a call on 0800 432 0200. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team