cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband drops when using Zoom, and yet Teams (heavy use) is fine

NettleTea

broadband drops when using Zoom, and yet Teams (heavy use) is fine

Since yesterday evening I have been having horrendous problems trying to connect to Zoom whilst connected to my plusnet broadband. I know that Zoom has been having problems, but the problems I am having are continuing, for example tonight I could not connect to a Zoom meeting and had to resort to the internet via a MiFi box - Zoom worked with no problem.

(When the broadband connection failed after trying to use Zoom, it took a good twenty minutes before I could use it for anything)

Since my equipment is capable to connecting up via another connection it must be the PN broadband connection. Can someone offer any help or suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Re: broadband drops when using Zoom, and yet Teams (heavy use) is fine

Hi @NettleTea

Sorry to hear that. I have looked into your connection and it is fairly stable. Issues may be down to capability of this line as you are on ADSL connection with estimated speeds of 1,5Mbps-4Mbps.

Unfortunately we are not your landline provider so I am unable to test/report fault on your landline/copper line but broadband part of connection is not showing any external faults.

During testing I've found that there is indicator of possible REIN issue within your home.

Can you please confirm if Own Domain Checks were completed as per this guide?

Once this will be completed, please add comment on already opened fault ticket on your account here