cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband activation

gerryhall
Grafter

broadband activation

hi i have just recently joined pn and my new phone line was installed 7 days ago with no problems and i expected my broadband to be online and working between 5 to 7 days later as stated when i signed up i had a call from bt engineer yesterday saying he was activating the line so i can use broadband and would take about 10 mins i have the dsl light now on my echolife hg532 router which i was origionaly using with my previous provider talk talk and have checked the settings as defined in welcome pack my modem is synced but no internet does it have to be activated before i can use it and if so can it be switched on now as it has now been 7 days since i have had my phone the order status still showing activating line thank you Smiley
6 REPLIES 6
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: broadband activation

Hi gerryhall,
Your order is not due to complete until tomorrow. However, I can manually override your account to make it active now. The only thing with doing that would be that billing would start from today and any faults would not be able to be investigated until it was officially completed on the BT systems. So, there's no guarantee that it will work, but in saying that it usually does. Your call though!
Jojo Smiley
gerryhall
Grafter

thank you jojo yes i would apreciate you activating the line now thank you
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gerryhall,
Ok, I've activated that now. So long as your router is configured with the correct settings you should be able to connect.
Jojo Smiley
gerryhall
Grafter

ok thanx jojo am keeping my fingers crossed lol just got conformation e-mail Smiley
gerryhall
Grafter

:)sucsess yayyyyy broadband now up and running thank you for your assistance jojo
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Aw great, glad I could help Smiley