cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband activation?

amir852
Grafter

broadband activation?

hi admins my broadband is due to activate today but its not activate please help
30 REPLIES 30
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: broadband activation?

Have you looked in the member centre round here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary does it say complete?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Emma
Grafter

It can also happen at anytime, my activation was half 4 in the afternoon I've known others to be later on in the day.
James
Grafter

Hi,
I've just checked the order and it's still to complete.  As Emma mentions, it can complete at any time on the due date.
If it hasn't completed by tomorrow, we'll call BT and find out what the cause of the delay is.
amir852
Grafter

ok thanks jamesh hope it gets activated today without any problems
amir852
Grafter

its not yet been activated what should i do help jamesh
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Nothing leave it to James
amir852
Grafter

ok but i need it activated today if it does not get activated by today i will leave plusnet! i have been waiting few days its been 1 month and 3 days since i joined plusnet
amir852
Grafter

i called up plusnet exactly at 5:30 in the morning and they said it will activate within 6-7 hours how long?
James
Grafter

Hi Amir,
Firstly I'd like to point out that the delays that you have experienced to date have not been of our making.
i have been waiting few days its been 1 month and 3 days since i joined plusnet

You placed your order on February 13th.  We then tried processing your direct debit instruction, which for some reason took 6 working days, hence why your order was placved on the 24th, with an expected completion date of March 3rd.
Your order is now in delay because there is a pending cancellation order (stop order) on your telephone line.  You, your mother, or whoever pays the telephone bills needs to call whoever you pay line rental to (I guess this would probably be BT) and find out why there is a stop order on the telephone line, and to cancel the stop order if it's not meant to be cancelled in the first place.
We cannot, nor can any other broadband supplier, have a broadband order completed on a line that is due to be cancelled.
amir852
Grafter

my telephone line is with talk talk should i call them and what should i say?
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

You didn't happen to have a Broadband and Phone package both with Talk Talk did you?
James
Grafter

Hi Amir,
You will need to call them.  Do you know if it's just Carrier Pre-Select that you have with TalkTalk?  By that I mean, are you just paying them for a calls package?
You need to find out why there is a pending cancellation order on your line.  Do you know if your Mum also has a BT account number?  I *think* you probably have a BT line, but are paying TalkTalk for calls.
**Before anyone says anything, it's not an unbundled line**
amir852
Grafter

i called talk talk but they are not able to help me Embarrassed 
i knew something wrong would of happend if my broadband does not geta  activated within the date plusnet gave me i will cancel it
Emma
Grafter

Have you spoken to BT yet? remember this is out of Plusnets control at the moment, as James said the order can't complete on a line that is due to be cancelled.