cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

better package and what about wireless?

brettking24
Grafter

better package and what about wireless?

Hi ive been paying £21.99 a month for 2 or 3 years now and was wondering if theres a better package to suit me as i dl more than 20gb a month,also im trying to join a newsgroup,what address do i put in as i need one to search for files.

thanks
7 REPLIES 7
brettking24
Grafter

Re: better package and what about wireless?

also im still using the original voager 105 modem so wondering if i should be getting a free wireless router etc as my modem is so old now and most isp give free wireless modems etc now
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Access to a text only usenet server is via news.plus.net. For binary access you will have to sign-up with an external usenet provider as PlusNet do not allow binary feeds on their service.
The BBYW packages are detailed here.
Broadband Your Way options 2, 3 & 4 all include a wireless router which is free of charge (except for postage of £5.99) if you stay for 12 months. Option 2 has a 1 port device, option 3 & 4 has a 4 port device.
Option 3 has a 20GB peak time limit (although peek time on the new products is 0800->2400 rather than 1600->2400 on your current product) but both have no restrictions when downloading off-peak.
So it really depends on whether any large downloads can be scheduled off-peak. If so, then option 3 appears to match your needs. But please read ALL the details and T&C for the products.
James
Grafter

Hi Brett,
There's not a great amount that I can say that Peter hasn't already done so.  Looking at your usage, Option 3 may be suitable, but only if you're able to schedule your larger downloads between the hours of 0000-0800, otherwise you'll be looking at going over your 20GB allowance.
As Peter's mentioned, you would be entitled to a 4 port wireless router (Voyager 2110) and you would be saving £2 a month.
brettking24
Grafter

ok how would plusnet take payment for the postage costs?also would i get faster speeds as im on getting conected at 2.9mbps,not sure if that becouse i moved address and was getting 8mb speeds before
James
Grafter

Possibly not regarding the speeds, but if you want to get a ticket raised then I would be happy to investigate.
Regarding payment, we would take the £5.99 postage and packing fee by a card transaction.
brettking24
Grafter

thanks,what i also need to buy a usb hub to go with the wireless modem or will i get everything i need with the wireless modem plusnet would provide me with?
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
You would need a wireless card/adapter for every PC you want to connect via wireless, most new machines have these installed already.
Everything else you need for the router will be included.