cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best adsl2+ modem wireless router to use?

bluewhale
Rising Star

best adsl2+ modem wireless router to use?

hiya
what does the 'panel' think is(are) the best adsl2+ modem wireless router(s) to use?
both g mode and n mode would be nice to know
i had a bt hub thingy which seemed to be a very good conneftion, but wouldn't store my settings so a reboot would loose it all
seemed to be better than my wag54gs so i was wondering what else i could 'upgrade' too...
cheers
pete
2 REPLIES 2
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: best adsl2+ modem wireless router to use?

On my connection a Dlink 2640B has given the best stability I think, the 2Wire BT Business hub was pretty good too but haven't tried that since I had Openreach fix a fault on my line. It's a pretty long line (about 4km) so need something that keeps it stable. My test line in the office is a lot shorter and gets about 14Mbps and I've tried all sorts on that. Thomson 789n was very good on that one, think I have the 585v7 on at the moment which has been pretty good but the 789n outweighs it on features.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
scootie
Grafter

Re: best adsl2+ modem wireless router to use?

well the below stats are for my netgear dg834 v4 (broadcom chip) on a longish line running in adsl2 (g992.3)  modualation and fastpath with a uptime of 16days.
its taken a while for my line to sort its self out after the dlm loves the band but apart from that i find the broadcom chip to like this length of line on adsl2 (g992.3) just as it does on adsl (g992.1)
all i can say is once the DLM on my line stoped being a pain in the rear, my line is fine no line drops ect just the same as before i switched last april but ive got the free upload where i was paying an extra £8 for that before