cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bbyw contract

WILT
Grafter

bbyw contract

I was considering the offer of £4.99 for three months and checked my account to find that my existing contract has (in brackets) annual contract .Since I did not take up the hardware offer (I already had wireless B/B) I am at a loss to see why I was not on the monthly contract at this moment.Is this yet another opt out rather than opt in device?What worries me is that plusnet will add a year onto this contract tying me for 2 yrs to get 3 months discount.
                              WILT
9 REPLIES 9
paulby
Grafter

Re: bbyw contract

I take it that you're referring to the Home Phone offer.  This is independent of the tie in for broadband and the 12 months for the phone will run concurrently with your broadband contract, i.e. it's not added on to the end!
As for your BB being on an annual contract - did you take deferred activation or did you sign up for the broadband special offer discount? I'm sure one of the PN staff will be along to clarify things!
WILT
Grafter

Paul03,
                Thanks for your reply -  to be perfectly frank I cant remember the details of the pages of entry forms I filled in (I am suffering more Senior Moments these days    Wink ) and the only evidence I have left id my account details.  Are you saying that one has to opt  " OUT " of the annual contract when purchasing a bbyw contract even though you have no desire to have the hardware ?
                          WILT
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: WILT
    Are you saying that one has to opt  " OUT " of the annual contract when purchasing a bbyw contract even though you have no desire to have the hardware ?

I just recently joined PN on BBYW and didn't need any hardware.
If I recall correctly there was a set of "radio buttons" and I chose "no hardware" so don't expect any tie-in.
Even if I had taken a router I believe the terms are not really a 12-month tie-in, more that it's written off by PN if you stay 12 months but if you leave earlier you have to pay for it (£40 or so?)
WILT
Grafter

HPsauce ,
            I did opt for not receiving hardware and I am wondering why my account shows - (annual contract).
paulby
Grafter

@WILT
I think you'd need to get someone from PN to look into the exact details on your account.  
Most PN accounts are monthly contracts and you'd only need to pay back the activation costs (£40 for new ADSL line/£14.99 for migration) if you left within your first year (assuming you've not taken hardware).
The only time I've seen an "annual contract" is when someone has signed up for the special offer discount which ties them in for 12 months.
Why don't you PM one of the staff on here to see why you're on an annual contract?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi WILT,
I've just had a look at your account and could see it was saying (annual contract), TBH this was simply a display issue that I've now corrected. If you choose to sign up for the home phone service with the discount you'd be on an 12 month contract then, as it stands right now you are on a monthly one.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
WILT
Grafter

Thank You Chris,
              It always amazes me how I seem to find these anomolies  ,surely someone has spotted this before now, or am I just a Pedant ?  I shall now happily sign up for the discount knowing I will not be tied up for 2 years !
              I have just uploaded some picture to my webspace how do I access them without using FTP I tried typing in  the web address shown in the account detail to no avail. 
                                                          Wilt
Not applicable

Have you uploaded an actual web page, or just the images?
If its just the images, you'll need to specify the full path to the image, as the default page put their by PN would re-direct you to a generic webspace page.
So, if the image was named "image001.jpg" you would need to type in www.yourusername.plus.com/image001.jpg to see it.
Be careful that you type the image name exactly, as they are case sensitive (image001.JPG is not the same as image001.jpg)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

PM on the way WILT with a link to your pictures folder on your webspace, I went hunting and found it Wink
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.