cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bad service, bad speed

jacka89
Hooked

bad service, bad speed

what  the actual f*** is wrong with my connection?? I forgot to renew my contract and wasn't offered to renew it for some reason? Waited a few months and recently renewed it. I've gone from a solid 67meg download to not even getting 15meg what is this?? When my contract ended i was put on the basic broadband package which is i think around 18meg download paying £35 per month and now im back in contract for the  66meg download speed and not even getting half of that!

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Re: bad service, bad speed

When my contract ended i was put on the basic broadband package 

the package is not changed  when your contract ends. You just move to a rolling 30 day contract on your existing package at the out of contract price. I

It sounds like you have a fault, have you  raised a speed fault ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jacka89
Hooked

how would i do that? and please dont say i need to ring a call center...

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/broadband/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jacka89
Hooked

and no i wasn't put onto a rolling price for the same contract i checked, it said i had the basic package (12-18) but was paying £35 which i think  is still way too high for those speeds considering its 26 or so pounds for no contract (12-18)

jacka89
Hooked

by text isn't working and no other way shown to contact them

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

In that case you'll need to call customer services -0800-432-0200

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Hi @jacka89 

I can see you managed to report this via text in the end and we've found a external fault.

As soon as we know more we'll be in touch

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jacka89
Hooked

i got  a call from plusnet yesterday id imagine it was to let me know at some point i might have  an outage or the problem will be sorted sometime soon?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there @jacka89 I've just checked your account and can see we need to book an engineer visit with you. Please take a look here when you can and give me a shout if you have any questions: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=239320877

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jacka89
Hooked

right so ive just checked speedtest, its better but still not what it should be. getting around 30 mb d/l  right now, i know i should get a minimum speed  but i dont see how that would be half of what it was before in offpeak hours