Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bad ping

FIXED
superbin
Dabbler

bad ping

hi guys good to be here for past week I had internet problems they passed it to fault took a week to say no fault but can see some disconnections problems on my line my speed up and down also I getting high ping when I play online games ping is up and down any help cheers

12 REPLIES 12
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: bad ping

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing connection problems.

I'd recommend raising a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net letting us know when you've completed it and we'll pick it up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
superbin
Dabbler

hi there had openreach out this morning he said my line is fine did change microfilter but my ping still really high when playing online games can we try anything to lower my ping cheers 

superbin
Dabbler

hi m8 still having problems cheers

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @superbin,

I'm sorry to hear that the engineer wasn't able to resolve this for you.  I've tested your line today and have found a potential issue with some of the underlying line settings. I've adjusted these now, please monitor your connection over the next 2-3 days and let us know if you're still experiencing any problems. I've added a bit more information on the fault ticket here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
superbin
Dabbler

hi again i was getting 6mb if im lucky now im only getting just over 3mb when i did test and ping seems little higher anything eles i could try as this speed is a nightmare cheers 

superbin
Dabbler

hi again my ping seem worst can u put it back the way it was b4 or is there anything eles we could try thanks again 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Can you advise what ping times you're currently seeing?

It may also be worth carrying out a traceroute to the server in question.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
superbin
Dabbler

hi its up and down best ping is 300 but then rise to about 1120 with online gaming cheers 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Can you use a tool such as ping plotter and post the results?

We'll need more info to investigate this properly.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
superbin
Dabbler

hello since u put my line back up to max speed 22mb im getting 17mb also my ping seem to have inproved just did 5 min of online gaming was 148 ping shall i see how it goes for a day or two because seem better at moment cheers

superbin
Dabbler

hi again tested for 24h seem a lot better now my line on 22mb is there anyway i could try to up my line to get a faster speed worth a try if this is possible thanks 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

Glad to hear you've seen a increase.

With regards to speeds your currently within the estimates for your line.

The only way to get faster speeds would be to upgrade to fibre but unfortunately this isn't available for you as you're connected directly to the exchange.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team