cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

:( bad gaming

JamesM
Grafter

Re: :( bad gaming

I was having a blast on pcl-ag01 playing BF3 just now, then all of a sudden game shut down, PN booted me off the gateway and put me back on ptn-ag03 which has been giving me problems for the last few days. I give in, let me know when it is fixed so I can enjoy gaming again thanks.
The thing is when I disconnect before restarting I still get a drop in sync and speed, so for me to switch to another gateway risks a drop in sync. So I take the risk and swapped earlier which gave me a better gaming experience, then I get auto swapped back onto the bad gateway, where i am stuttering again, and can't hit anything. So what do I do now (stop moaning I here you all say  Roll_eyes ) wait for three days before I dare swap gateways again ?
Just swapped gateways from ptn-ag03 to ptn-ag01  and guess what, a drop in sync and a drop in speed, this is bull****.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

pcl-ag08. has been sort of fine tonite , just the odd ping spike for me  Wink
but come on PN do your usual stuff ,,, get it sorted  Cool please
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

From 10pm ive not been able to load any webpages tonight, i was playing bf3 about 9.50 when i started to notice lag issues again the same as ive been getting for a week or so, i closed the game i was not able to load any webpages for 30 mins........ becoming a pain in the backside this now.
Im now on this ( You are currently connected to the gateway known as pcl-ag04. )
This is located in City Lifeline House.

When i had the problems i was on pcl-ag02 , tbh i should not have to chase up all this gateway carry on... PN need to fix these issues. ITs really nice here but if these problems carry on then im not staying im moving, i rely on a steady connection to game if this fails and carrys on failing then im out.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Sad
ukste20:  Did hopping to pcl-ag04 fix the problems?
ukste20/JamesM: What you've described is really weird.  This isn't normal congestion caused by imbalance stuff.   We'll have another good look tomorrow Sad
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Whilst it's possibly unlikely to be the cause, have you guys had a quick check of the VP status of your Exchange here
JamesM
Grafter

All showing green here Anotherone, the swap to ptn-ag01 seems to have fixed it, 48 kills 6 deaths. I just hope that I don't get a Peer terminate and shifted onto another gateway.
Kelly it is weird, I can't understand it, I play on the same servers, 64 man seine or Bazaar, and usually only alternate between 3 servers, T.O.G.A, SCAN and Banana Republic, because I get a ping of 16, 11 and 11 respectively. Some nights I can get a 4x K/D ratio and then others I am lucky to break even.  I remember a few years back that when gaming I could be on fire until around 10 PM then it just died in the ****. This went on for months in BF2 and BFBC2. Even back then no-one could explain it.
Anyway the gateway hop (or whatever happened) seems to have worked, I will just leave it now.
Kelly
Hero

How is it tonight?
Kelly Dorset
JamesM
Grafter

Had 10 minutes on a team Death Match server earlier kelly, and it has put me off playing again, so I can't comment.
JamesM
Grafter

Spot on tonight Kelly, bbc.co.uk ping, 11 accross the board. Played a few rounds and no problems.
Kelly
Hero

Awesome Cheesy  Platform was in good shape when I left work today.
Kelly Dorset
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

good nite for me too  Wink hope ste was ok  ?
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .