cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

are you fed up with plusnet poor service.......I am

qwilpen
Dabbler

are you fed up with plusnet poor service.......I am

I am fed up with regular faults which lead to pathetically slow broadband speeds, intermitant faults , and most of all fault reports which dont get acted on.
reported a fault again yesterday at about this time and guess what plusnet have done diddly squat, no suprise there then.
all the more tempting it is to leave and go back to BT now Fibre has arrived in my area.
Steve
12 REPLIES 12
qwilpen
Dabbler

Re: are you fed up with plusnet poor service.......I am

Question #75270026 - Your Feedback
< Back
Your Response
7:55pm, Wednesday 2 Oct 2013
Broadband Troubleshooter started
Now you've confirmed your contact details and telephone number your broadband is supplied on, we need to ask you some questions about your problem.
We'll save your answers for 48 hours, so you can come back if you don't have time to answer everything now.
Your Response
8:36pm, Wednesday 2 Oct 2013
Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review.
Your Response
8:41pm, Wednesday 2 Oct 2013
Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review.
Your Response
8:41pm, Wednesday 2 Oct 2013
We are currently performing tests on your broadband service which will allow us to investigate the problem you've reported.
Please be aware if this is a new fault that this can take up to 24 hours.
We'll contact you as soon as we have more information and let you know what happens next.
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hey,
Sorry to hear you're having problems. Faults are usually responded to within 72 hours. If you only raised it yesterday, then you've not given them enough time to be able to deal with your issue.
Just because you've not had an update, doesn't mean the tests behind the scenes aren't being carried out.
Faults are always acted on, usually when there are delays, it's either caused by end user delay in responding to the faults team, or delays awaiting more information from BT Wholesale.
Plusnet faults team are probably one of the best as doing what they do.
Stick it out, you'll get the issue rectified. I'm sure.
Cheers,
Matt
qwilpen
Dabbler

Sorry Matt I no longer have any faith in this lot constant excueses and lack of any action or passed from pillar to post with no one taking ownership of issues.
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Can't really comment on that, without having seen any of your previous fault tickets.
One of the DCT members will likely have a look into it for you tomorrow.
Cheers,
Matt
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi qwilpen,
Sorry this hasn't been picked up sooner, I can see we've just been in-touch and confirmed an engineer appointment.
Please let me know how this goes.
qwilpen
Dabbler

suprise suprise BT no show, same thing happend last time PN booked them to call
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

I agree with Matt. U have to be patience with the fault team. They will sorted it out for u. They (fault team) had fixed my line after 9 days, these take times because the fault team have to speak to BT via echat. I recommend plusnet fault team is the best to deal with. Very good overall.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Really sorry to hear that.
I can't see why as it's showing as booked in on our suppliers systems. I'll get this chased up and if you wish we can get another engineer our ASAP.
qwilpen
Dabbler

Chris
don't bother i have had enough, when I tried to phone re the no show advised of 20 min waiting time so I hung up redialed and asked for my MAC.
the faults team are too slow / unreliable, I have had other faults where an engineer supposedly booked but never turned up and it's got to the point that is costing me my pecious time which can never be replaced ( even if plusnet did offer any form of compensation for no / poor service).
at one time i did think plusnet were top class, however not any more.
qwipen
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If there is an issue with your phone line, getting a MAC code is not going to fix the problem.  All ISPs are at the mercy of BTOR.
What I can tell you though is that I have seen excellent service from PN hampered by indifferent or inappropriate attendance from BTOR engineers.  I would not be convinced that any other ISP would try harder than the PN faults team.
Do not believe that by going back to BT you stand any better chance of getting your line fixed.  BTOR are supposed to treat all ISPs the same, that covers both PN and BT RETAIL.  If you really think that you'll get better customer service talking to an Indian call centre, then clearly you don't understand the problem.
Good luck with your journey elsewhere.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Good luck qwipen but u will faced the same problem with BT isp and the worse indian call centre. This is the only reason I stick with Plusnet because of best UK support call centre and yes they did fix it for me. U have to be patience. Sound like u ingorned us all and goodbye.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi qwipen,
Sorry if we've drove you to that, as I said I'm happy to get this picked up and resolved.
Let me know if you'd like me to help out.