cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

are PN monitoring torrents sites

AndyH
Grafter

Re: are PN monitoring torrents sites

But if you make silly posts, what do you expect?
Wulfy
Grafter

Guest networks generally limit protocols to http only hence would resolve the issue hairy
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 'Guest Network' is heavily filtered,  and it is quite amusing to be listening in the next room when my children's friends can't understand why they seem to have a working internet connection but can't download any unsuitable material as they are able to at anyone else's house.
Grin
AndyH
Grafter

Things have progressed since my day..all we needed was a telephone line and PC (with a modem).
The only problem arose when the phone bill came and lots of calls to the far east...
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had forgotten about those 'modem dialer' infections - Oh, those were the days !  Roll_eyes
AndyH
Grafter

"Infections"  Cheesy
I'm pretty sure I have a USR 14.4 modem somewhere...
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still have my 3Com 56K modem/fax/voice/answering machine,  connected to an old PC.

The modem hasn't been used since I moved to ADSL probably ten years ago.
It continued to be used as a telephone answering machine, and FAX machine - although not received a FAX for a few years, but did have to send a FAX about two years ago.
This year I replaced my home phone system, to one that uses both POTS and VoIP, with an integrated answering machine, so the old 3Com is no longer used and needs to be take out of service.
Cry
bg17aw
Dabbler

thepiratebay is accesible freely on PlusNet, but blocked on Virgin, Sky and other networks.
Not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing? Of course I would prefer to keep the internet free.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

hmm i'm somewhat closed minded on the subject myself, if my kids cause legal trouble that lands me in court I stand to loose far to much so my personal view is they can do what ever they like that doesn't infringe on my right to be law abiding, which is a polite way of saying until they pay for the internet they get what little there given (which is more than enough for school work) and everything else is locked, as for there friends there not given access to my internet for the same reason, nobody is messing up my life but me and if people don't like it they don't have to come round
not that i'm against them having a fairly broad range of internet access but there not doing it in my house, they can go to the library or use the school stuff for that kind of caper
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Pirate Bay only contains links to bit torrents on other sites.
If it is illegal, then so is Google.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: vilefoxdemonofdoom
If it is illegal, then so is Google.

TPB facilitates its users to infringe copyright material. It makes no attempts to prevent copyright infringement.
Google actively removes links to sites storing copyright material under the DCMA. They are very transparent in their efforts - http://www.google.com/transparencyreport/removals/copyright/