cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

appear to be restricted for no reason

chesterfield
Grafter

appear to be restricted for no reason

Im getting speed test results no better than 1400kb when I usually see 6000kb or 5500kb.
Im not over my usage level, havent failed billing and havent changed product recently.  Im starting to wonder if my connection has had some traffic management applied for no reaso what so ever.
Ive disconnected and reconnected a few times, but no joy.  Next stage is to actually reboot the router in themorning when the SNR is better.  (Thats another thing, id like it back to 6 rather than 12 so I can get my 7mb back rather than the BT overly cautious 6mb).
Anyone else experiencing slow http traffic (and xbox live traffic as items take an age to download) ?
8 REPLIES 8
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: appear to be restricted for no reason

This may be the problem.
chesterfield
Grafter

Ive disconnected and reconnected though since the fix, but there was no change.  All seems better this morning - but it is before 8am at the time of writing - Ill check again when I get home later. Smiley  Hopefully a bug that has fixed itself.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI chesterfield,
I've just checked your account and you are definitely on the correct traffic management profile. Let me know if you have any problems later.
Jojo Smiley
chesterfield
Grafter

Thanks Jo - a restart or two later and its back to normal.  Didnt want to do it while the SNR was below 12, as Id get a lower sync again.  On a side note, can anything be done about the snr.  I used to have it syncing with snr at 6, but after forgetting to unplug the router when having some electrical work done (power on and off  a few times in close succession) the exchange obviously saw this as a flakey connection and set it at 12. meaning im now stuck withip profile around 5500 or 6000 whereas I used to have 7000 or 7128 before.
Thanks for any help - much appreciated Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi chesterfield,
I've just had a look at your line and it looks very stable so I'll reset the SNR for you. I'll let you know when it's done.
Jojo Smiley
chesterfield
Grafter

Thanks jo - thats brilliant Smiley Smiley  Tell them you deserve a pay rise Smiley
Martha
Grafter

Quote from: chesterfield
 Tell them you deserve a pay rise Smiley

She bloomin' does! She's an asset to us all, honestly Smiley
Don't know what I'd do without her!
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Aw, thanks Martha Smiley
Hi chesterfield,
Your profile is now back up to 7150 on both PN &BT.
Jojo Smiley