cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aol bounces

atbs1
Grafter

aol bounces

Just had mail returned to me from yesterday - viz bounce back - all these were to aol members. Anyone know if there is a problem with aol or have plusnet been blacklisted?
4 REPLIES 4
atbs1
Grafter

Re: aol bounces

Hi all.
Bob, in another strand, answerered my query:
Problems sending to AOL addresses (54912) - NEW
Email
Posted on: Friday 23 January 2009, 16:47
There is currently a problem sending email to AOL addresses using our outgoing mail servers. Emails look to have been sent successfully but are not arriving with the recipient.
Initial investigation suggests that AOL are temporarily refusing email for the reasons cited below -
http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/421dynt1.html
This could be due to the introduction of the spam filtering servers we have recently introduced on our outbound email platform. Because the IP addresses of these servers are unfamiliar to AOL, it's likely that they have taken these precautions due to the volume of mail originating from our network.
Our engineers are working to restore service and further details will be provided as they become available.
However my bounces were in the last hour!
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: SGTE
However my bounces were in the last hour!

When was the original email sent though? (It should be attached to the bounce). I managed to send a few emails through without problems this morning as per my comments here.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

grimme
Grafter

We had a user who sent an e-mail out to an AOL address monday at approx 10.30am - it didn't get through to the recipient and we haven't had a bounceback.
I've asked the user to re-send the e-mail to see if it gets through today as AOL's servers may have recognised the new filtering platform IP addresses.
Will post back any updates.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I think there are still problems. AOL are deferring the messages though so there won't be an immediate bounce (it will keep trying for 3 days or so before giving up). AOL have asked us to get back in touch with them today to try and sort this out. I'll update Service Status as soon as I know more...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵