cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone elses connection stopped routing?

mikehiow
Grafter

anyone elses connection stopped routing?

PPPoE connection dropped and lost connectivity. Came back up just fine but still no connectivity. Call times at half hour so I guess something is going on?
19 REPLIES 19
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: anyone elses connection stopped routing?

yes my connection died twice 5 mins ago, but upto then it has worked fine. Im guessing maybe bad weather may have affected something? Altho im way up north and we didnt get any storms.
Havel
Grafter

Just happened to me. Connection dropped, then the internet light on the router came back on but I couldn't access the internet. Like you I got a 30 minute wait time on the phone so I just hung up.
xxandy77xx
Grafter

yes and it looks around the same time  too  would of said weather as well   but its missed where i am  no wind or rain.
RossStrachan
Grafter

Mine too although I think it was a little before 17:00 and it appears to be back now...
mikehiow
Grafter

I rebooted modem as well - now have no DSL light 😕
thesawdust
Grafter

You all FTTC users?
I've noticed an outage, error Concentrator not reachable when i click connect in the router? You getting the same?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The concentrator not reachable error should stop inside of 2 minutes - if you leave it for that long then try reconnecting things should be fine.
mikehiow
Grafter

I am an FTTC user.
DSL light has returned now, connection back up.
Perhaps BTOR just mass-rebooted their cabinets Tongue
Edit: No increase in interleaving but I've gained 5-6ms in latency! Has a link gone down somewhere?
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

Dropped PPPoE here as well. Also had same issues after rebooting router and modem of connected but no routing. Just happened again a couple of minutes ago though only lost routing didn't drop connection
mikehiow
Grafter

No updates from the PN guys on this?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mike,
At the time of your posting our engineers were investigating, I believe this was fixed just before 10pm last night as per the service status post(s)? Please advise if not.
longshanks

hi.
I too am having intermittent internet disconnections which is usually remedied by a router re-boot, over the last couple of months these disconnections have been getting more frequent (two a week ish). getting more annoyed I replaced my netgear router with a new one bought from plusnet, a technicolour,  this proved to be useless as it will not set up even though I followed instructions to the letter.
  I must take the opportunity at this point to say that trying to contact plusnet tech support is proving ridiculous as every time I phone at different times of the day there is always a long delay on hold and at one point after 39 mins I  lost the will to live and hung up, there is only so much of "show me the way to Amarillo" a human can take.
  So plusnet if you are reading this please get your act together and employ another person to your staff of one on the tech service desk.
paulwright39
Dabbler

Hi there, my connection today has stopped, but I've managed to connect via my iphone 3G network.  The broadband light sometimes flashes with the Internet light off.  Sometimes connection comes back. Please plusnet can someone look into this?
thanks
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

@longshanks
I can see that you've a Support Ticket open which is current with our Customer Support Team - we'll aim to respond to you with that as soon as we can.
@paulwright39
It's likely that there's either a fault with the service or you may have some problematic broadband equipment that might be causing the problem. It's worth starting the Fault Check at http://faults.plus.net which will give you instructions on the relevant checks that we advise to carry out. If you've done those, complete the checker and our Faults Team will run some further checks on the lien for you.