cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

always going over my downlad usage,better package for me???

brettking24
Grafter

always going over my downlad usage,better package for me???

Hi im paying £20 a mont for my broadband at the moment and dont seem to get much download usage,is there a better one for me?i use xbox live too and download a fair bit,more than 20 gb a month

thanks
8 REPLIES 8
pcoventry76
Grafter

Re: always going over my downlad usage,better package for me???

The Next and only option apart from paying as you go is BBYW Option 4 which is £29,99 a month and gives you 40GB usage
http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/?WT.svl=bbyw_ban
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
As the previous poster advised your next option is to double your allowance for £29.99. Alternatively you could schedule larger downloads for the overnight period, when usage is not counted towards your monthly allowance.
brettking24
Grafter

thanks,so if i was to go on xbox live now would i suffer slow down/lag becouse i have gone over my dl limit?
pcoventry76
Grafter

Yes, we are out of the free overnight period and your speeds will be restricted. As far as i'm aware speeds over allowance are not restricted during off peak, but if i am wrong i'm sure someone at PN will corect me
Unless you opt to PAYG which is £1/GB then yes you would be restricted to 128k
But if you upgrade the system will take any additional payment (Pro Rata) and would then put you onto option 4 as i said it usually takes an hour as it's a simple speed regrade and nothing physical
brettking24
Grafter

just changed my package to the 29.99 a month one,when will the payment change as its 19.99 a month at the moment,will it change next month
pcoventry76
Grafter

Hmm, i would have assumed the system would have taken payment there and then, with PRO and Option 3 there is no price difference so payment is not taken until the next billing date.
You pay in advance with Plusnet
paulby
Grafter

When I increased the usage on my account I was billed on my usual date.  The bill included a pro-rata amount in arrears for the previous month's increased usage and the new amount in advance for the next month.
pcoventry76
Grafter

there you have it then.. Smiley
I must admit i wasent too sure but i am now Smiley