Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adsl2+ no different so far!

fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

adsl2+ no different so far!

My upgrade to Extra was implemented today.
So far, there are no changes to my connection performance, ie Synch 8128/448, IP profile 7150, BT speed test 6,248 kbps.
I have powered-down/powered-up my router (Zyxel P660H-D1) as suggested by Zyxel Support, however, no change to anything except, of course, the Plusnet server.  Router is on latest Firmware : V3.40(AGD.4) 12/11/2009
Does the change take time to take effect, or is there something else?  I note other queries on  a similar topic in this Community.
Regards
3 REPLIES 3
fotobits
Rising Star

Re: adsl2+ no different so far!

I think there must be something wrong to the connection as sound from for example i-Player is overwhelmed by loud interference.
Regards
fotobits
Rising Star

I raised this query with Plusnet Support and have been advised that.....
....."Unfortunately whilst you have been moved over to the Extra package, we weren't able to move you over to ADSL2 at the same time as there is currently not enough ADSL2  capacity in your local exchange at the moment"......
....."BT are currently upgrading the exchange to upgrade the capacity. Your order that was placed to move you over to ADSL2 will be reviewed by BT on the 02-Jun-2010. Should there be sufficient capacity on that date, then we would expect you to be moved over 10 working days after this date".....
Bit irritating, however, a prompt and honest reply.  Many thanks.
Regards
fotobits
Rising Star

.....by the way, the sound is OK again now!....
Gremlins, I guess.
Regards