Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adsl2+ ip profile

Blim
Grafter

adsl2+ ip profile

Hi,
is there a list of sync speeds vs ip profiles. I do remeber once looking at one but cant find it anymore. It dosnt matter that much really plus hopfull I'll be upgrading to fibre soon when they finnish the work.
What sort of ip profile I can exspect with a upstream @ 1,250 kbps.
Thanks
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: adsl2+ ip profile

Blim
Grafter

thanks nozzer.
After I changed my filter and moved the cable from the filter to modem away from some power cable (far as physically possible) my sync speed have benefited. I now get a faster upstream sync. Looking at the data from that link should I see a upload profile incress to 1000 (up to 1Mb/s)?
http://speedtester.bt.com: ; Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.98Mbps
                                                Additional Information:
                                                Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

Modem stats:  Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1.251 / 20.851
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 55

Despite the BT speedtester quoting an upstream IP Profile you don't actually have one. Upstream is uncapped and the line performs as best it can.
That upstream test result table will most likely be printed using the same code as the downstream table; downstream has an IP Profile so upstream needs one too. BT simply fill in the capped speed for your service, or 832kbps (the Max Premium cap) for *uncapped* 21CN/ADSL2+. But the value is just a number, it has no technical significance. If it had your test result wouldn't be faster than that "IP" value.
David