cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adsl modem and vista

normd

adsl modem and vista

Hi there,
My pc is on its last legs and is to be replaced soon. Plus net support tell me that the adsl modem that came from them when I joined up will not be suitable for a Vista pc - any idea why?
8 REPLIES 8
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: adsl modem and vista

If it's the USB Voyager 105 then it's because this modem has been discontinued by BT and they haven't created the vista drivers for it.
AFAIK the only USB modem that has vista drivers is the speedtouch 330. You would probably be better off with a router as these are not operating system specific.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
normd

no it's not a Voyager 105, can't remember the name just now - it's a small rectangular dark blue box, with a light blue usb cable out of one end, rj cable goes in the other end and two small green leds if that helps ... Smiley I'll check tonight.
James
Grafter

It's not a Speedtouch either unfortnately.  Sounds like the perfect opportunity to upgrade to a router!
normd

Re: Wireless Router

it's a Zyxel Prestige 630S USB Modem.
Mand
Grafter

Re: Wireless Router

Quote from: normd

We no longer supply the Zyxel Prestige, all the kit available via BBYW products is BT Voyager kit, the model depends on which option you choose.
chillypenguin
Grafter

Quote from: normd

I believe this post was intended for this thread, so I have moved it across for you.
Jonathan
aka Chilly
normd

any router recomendations then? Old PC has thoroughly hacked me off now and am getting grief from the kids. Current thoughts are to go and get a complete package from Tesco and a wireless router from Currys on the way home tonight - good idea? bad idea?
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

the Linksys WAG54G Series of routers are my choice, never had a problem with them.