cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adsl log in password

HaresEar
Grafter

adsl log in password

Is it possible for security to change the password for logging in to adel.  Username@plusdsl.net/Password.
TA
6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: adsl log in password

you can change you password in the portal - your account password and connection password are the same.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adamcookeuk
Grafter

Be aware that PN can read your password in plain text so I would strongly advise that you choose something which is unique to your Plus.net service and not shared with any other service.
dragon2611
Grafter

A lot of routers usually store the password with no or poor security as well  Shocked
The only problem with using a randomly generated password for P/N is when calling them and they ask what letter X of the passwrod is  Grin
adie:quote
avatastic
Grafter

Quote from: adamcookeuk
Be aware that PN can read your password in plain text so I would strongly advise that you choose something which is unique to your Plus.net service and not shared with any other service.

Be aware that every time a CS agent does read your password, that it is logged and can be audited. Also be aware that it is not stored in plain text but is stored in a form that can be decrypted when it needs to be revealed.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

I believe the service agents only see the letters they ask for - first and second or first and last.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamcookeuk
Grafter

The fact it can be decrypted means that it's available to be read by support staff and anyone who compromises the PN systems.
The last time I spoke to PN the guy clearly as able to read my whole password.