cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

actual spped for a 1250 speed allocation

owlguard
Grafter

actual spped for a 1250 speed allocation

Hi,is around 990ish speed ok if your on a 1250 speed setting?How long does it take your speed to increase again,after being downgraded from,2000 a year ago,due to high winds,then down to 1500 for months,after 1 storm cut off and then down to 1250 after inadvertantly switching off my belkin,then down to 1000 after a power cut the other week,in n ireland.To be fair its gone back up from a1000 to 1250 after 3 days wich abselutely shocked me as i thought that would be me ,for god knows how long.What makes me smile now is the,Oh your line must be downgraded by the copper wire being rotten,water problem e.t.c.e.t.c.,my attenuation is normally 60 but has gone to 59,small improvement i know but small improvement shouldnt mean less speed,i would have thought.Sorry going on a little but the speeds problems a lot of us have,does frustrate me at times.      kindest regards ray.  Smiley Smiley
6 REPLIES 6
scootie
Grafter

Re: actual spped for a 1250 speed allocation

what sync speed is your router currently reporting.?
you will need to get and keep the sync speed for  around 3 days before your ip profile will increase. heres a list of the sync speeds you need to get which ip profiles.
from 288kbps up to 0.25Mbps
from 576kbps up to 0.5Mbps
from 1152kbps up to 1Mbps
from 1728kbps up to 1.5Mbps
from 2272kbps up to 2Mbps
from 2848kbps up to 2.5Mbps
from 3424kbps up to 3Mbps
stats takin from here http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/faqs_and_guides/dslmax_guide.shtml
so to get that origanal speed profile of 2000kbps you had before all the problems you will need to get and hold a sync above 2272kbps
owlguard
Grafter

H mate,1568.I havent pulled the plug on it or anything else.Usually i would probably resync at maybe just under 3000, have lately resynced at just over 3000 but i know this dfesnt seem to matter,its what it ends up as that counts.Its just so frustrating,roll on fibre but im not holdibg my breath.
                                                              regards again ray.
scootie
Grafter

what router have you got if you have a router that works with the dmt tool you can lower the snr on your line to force a higher sync as after all the problems you have had i am betting that your target snr has raised meaning you will not be able to sync as high as you did before.
if you do choice to use the dmt tool one thing to keep in mind as if the router loses sync or you power cycle it with out using the dmt tool the phone echange will use its default snr target and you will end up with a low sync meaning your profile will drop again and you would have to wait the 3 day period again after reseting your snr with dmt tool again.
to see what you snr target is check the stats on your router as soon as you have done a resync.
http://www.kitz.co.uk/routers/DMTv8.htm the kiltz site tells you all about the dmt tool and where to download it.
edit= you can allways ask PN to get bt to lower the target snr on your line but as bt are involved it can be a bit of a battle esp if your line still has a problem on it as the snr target will raise again and bt will most likely not lower the target snr on a second request.
as for fiber i wouldnt hold much hope on that. this looks like the biggest increase in bandwidth the emerled land will see for awhile http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/3848-ireland-to-get-100-percent-broadband-coverage-by-september-2...
James
Grafter

Hi Ray,
950ish sounds about spot on for a 1250Kbps profile.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi Ray,
when you've read the above about checking and accessing your stats, have a read of this thread which may give you an insight as to what could be happening and why -
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,73178.0.html
Regards,
Chris.
owlguard
Grafter

Hi mate,yes i gave it a quick read and of course as you know,i do understand what happens,its just as in the past,its frustrating and cant seem to do much about it.I am off on hols shortly,so im unplugging the lot for a couple of weeks,i believe you mentioned before that this is the right thing to do.If you want i can get you a cheapish season ticket for you know where at sheff 6 end of town.Good luck and as usual thanks for the kindness,that goes for all the input into my probs.
                                                                                                                                            kind regards ray.