cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activate WPS on Thomson router

qwerty99

activate WPS on Thomson router

Hi
I have Thomson router (supplied by Plusnet). The WPS facility on it does not work. I gather from Tech Support that WPS is permanently disabled on this router.
Is it possible to override the WPS disable?  If not, is there any other way to connect an Epson printer which only has WPS button to start the wireless connection (and does not have a screen)?
Thanks
Chris
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: activate WPS on Thomson router

Hi Chris,
Welcome to the forums.
The statement given to you is correct for some TG routers, however all that I have had from PN (a total of 4) had WPS working.  If you feel brave enough to poke the telnet interface look here - http://npr.me.uk/telnet.html#wps - for instructions on how to do this.
If you are not confident to do this, you might be able to get the DCT to arrange for a remote reconfigure.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

What model of Epson printer do you have?  Is it possible to configure it using any supplied software and a USB/wired network connection perhaps?
qwerty99

Thanks for the welcome and the comments.
The printer is an Epson XP-215.
I've now managed to get it connected to the wifi network, though I don't really understand how it did it. Whilst using a Win7 machine I casually pressed the Wifi button on the printer and after a while it showed the correct light as connected. Looking at the router set-up I could see it on the local network and the PCs etc all connected to it with the normal setting up.
All I can think is that in checking the router settings I've changed the security to WPA2 but it was set to something like that before.
The router isn't using WPS but its not essential now. Sometime when I'm feeling very brave I'll try using telnet to clear the de-activation. But it is some years since I've used telnet so I'll have to re-learn it.
Many thanks for all the help and concern.
Chris