cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access to www,adobe.com

GTE

Re: access to www,adobe.com

Oddly enough I have exactly the same problem - BT Voyager 2100 wireless router on plusnet - can't access www.adobe.com.
I've had a fault logged with plusnet support for a few days and have been going through the same process.
Initially thought it was DNS problem, main page loads when I use IP address rather than URL but can't navigate anywhere else on site.
Can Ping and Tracert to adobe.com OK but can't access it using any of 4 machines (XP and Vista) using several web browsers (IE7, safari, opera).
All machines are fine using USB 3G modem so problem is either router or broadband connection
As part of diagnostic I'll be trying USB  broadband modem tomorrow. If that works, I'll try full hardware reset on the router.
GTE

I tried a USB modem directly from laptop onto plusnet broadband line - no problems accessing adobe website this way so the issue is with some aspect of the router .
photoart

Thanks for the updates; I have tried lowering the MTU values with no success. GTE's posts indicate the router is the source. It’s on the latest firmware and I've tried factory resets etc with still no luck. Looks like I'm heading towards a new router then...
Thanks for all your help.
Regards,
Photoart
GTE

I've sent an email to BT to ask if they are aware of a problem with the 2100 - no reply yet and not getting my hopes up.
I'm going to try lowering the MTU as it is the one thing others have suggested that I haven't tried
Just out of interest, have you noticed a drop in broadband line speed ?
My connection used to run at over 3000kbps but I'm currently only getting about 1800kbps - I've got plusnet looking into it and had assumed it was unrelated to the adobe website issue but you never know.
Once I confirmed that I could access adobe.com using usb modem but not with router plusnet support seemed to lose interest. Is everyone with a BT voyager 2100 unable to access adobe ? If not, it could still be a issue with their infrastructure that only effects the 2100
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Adobe is fine for me using both a 2110 and a 2091.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

GTE

stranger and stranger - my router is set to 1400 MTU so I manually altered the MTU on one of my laptops.
All of a sudden I could browse to adobe.com - I then checked the other laptop that I had made no MTU adjustments to and that could also access adobe.com
I managed to load the updated Reader on both machines, but then I tried a 3rd machine (desktop) it could not see adobe.com
Went back to the laptops and neither of them could connect to adobe.com
It is interesting that the brief adobe.com access happened during a period when my broadband line was being reset to try to fix a connection speed problem.
Connection speed issue still not resolved, still wondering if the two issues are connected ?
MickKi
Grafter

From what you're saying the access to adobe is intermittent, which may make it more difficult to troublshoot.  If one can access a website using the IP address, but not the FQDN then the problem is with the DNS part of the equation.  You may want to try setting the secondary DNS address on your router to opendns:  https://www.opendns.com/start
fredx

I have just noted this thread.
I also have not been able to access www.adobe.com and I have a Bt Voyager 2100.
All other web sites are fine.
GTE

Quote from: MickKi
From what you're saying the access to adobe is intermittent, which may make it more difficult to troublshoot.  If one can access a website using the IP address, but not the FQDN then the problem is with the DNS part of the equation.  You may want to try setting the secondary DNS address on your router to opendns:  https://www.opendns.com/start

If I had a pound for everytime I have reconfigured router / computer DNS settings, DHCP IP range and sub-net mask I'd certainly have bought a new 802.11n router with the money 🙂
My line speed issue is fixed, still can't connect to www.adobe.com
I got a reply from the BT Voyager support people which basically said "old product, you're on your own - unless you'd like to sign up for our very reasonable technical support service" and even then they'd probably still suggest changing the router.
I have no idea what I did to get it briefly working - haven't been able to since that one occasion,
GTE

MickKi
Grafter

I do not know if you can configure your router in a full bridge mode (it becomes a straight through modem - no NAT, DHCP, DNS, or authentication).  Then configure a new Internet connection on your MSWindows machine and set up authentication via PPPoE there with your PlusNet account and passwd.  If that works then the problem is some bug with the way the router interacts with that address - don't ask me why as I couldn't even begin to guess . . .  It may have to do with the router messing up packet headers for some programmatic reason.