cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube steaming/buffering problem

anytbut
Grafter

Youtube steaming/buffering problem

All seems good after switching back to PN,but YT doesn`t stream,keeps buffering. Tried different browsers,updated flash all with no change. Previous LLU isp and when i was on PN before that on 20CN,YT was fine,but PN 21CN gives me the "buffers" so to speak. Other sites stream video fine tho.
Ideas/pointers?
21 REPLIES 21
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Youtube steaming/buffering problem

This could be a speed fault so see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html first.
anytbut
Grafter

Aside from doing all the "usuall" checks...which I've already done before posting here, how would it be a speed issue if its only yt giving me problems?
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: anything
.... its only yt giving me problems?

Pardon?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

yt = youtube  Cool
It is possible that there is a traffic classification problem.
Can you see what Wireshark shows http://community.plus.net/library/faults/using-wireshark-for-data-capture/
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

Oh, YouTube!
On the basis that the problem is confined to YouTube then it could not have been your browsers or Flash either.  But then if it was some issue with Plusnet's network then we would all be experiencing the same problems. 
Could it be your router playing up?  I have seen slowness on certain sites disappear when the router is changed.  Bad router settings on a good router can do this too. 
anytbut
Grafter

Can`t upload the zipped file,how`d i get it to someone who can decipher it? Cheesy
Well,just had a look and tried to read the log here,seems that every packet comes back as 0X00 ...Differentiated Services Field: 0x00 (DSCP 0x00: Default; ECN: 0x00: Not-ECT (Not ECN-Capable Transport)).
Might be doing/reading it wrong tho. Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend

That doesn't look right they incoming packets should be 0x80
Can you print it to a pdf and post that
anytbut
Grafter

Hopefully this is ok (delete the attatchment if not),i`ve just renamed the wireshark file with a .pdf extension,just bung  .pcapng on the end.....just off to bed so i`ll check before i go to work in the morning.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

To my untutored mind it looks all screwed up
Hopefully a rep will pick this up in the morning
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: anything
All seems good after switching back to PN,but YT doesn`t stream,keeps buffering. Tried different browsers,updated flash all with no change. Previous LLU isp and when i was on PN before that on 20CN,YT was fine,but PN 21CN gives me the "buffers" so to speak. Other sites stream video fine tho.
Ideas/pointers?

Are you sure you're connected via your Plusnet connection? If so, is it the account associated with your Community Site username or a different one? I've checked the connection logs for the account associated with your Community Site username and there's only a single session from the 27th July that lasted seconds?
If you're connected via another account then are you using a VPN or something similar? I notice the IP you're posting from is not a Plusnet IP address although I guess you could be posting from work?
I've looked at the capture you've provided and it doesn't look like the YouTube traffic is being ToS marked at all and I'm pretty sure you're not bypassing our traffic management switches completely Undecided

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

anytbut
Grafter

Hmmm, this sounds like I'm still routed through my previous ISP.will chase em up today and report back.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Who is it?  Would be nice to know who can't cope with YouTube atm.... Wink
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
ejs
Aspiring Hero

The external IP address is within all that youtube stuff, doing a whois on it gives:
O-Bit Telecom Limited
anytbut
Grafter

OK, spoke to em, they checked with their suppliers and according to them I migrated away and I'm connected with plusnet.
The IP I posted from last night, was it 77........?
....o-bit? That's them, strange.