SpiritualBeggar
Grafter

Re: Youtube problems

SE,
Thanks for that I will give it a look.
simonhiggs
Grafter

I've been having similar problems for a few weeks now. Started when I was with o2 and continued after my move here.
The work-around is to use ClickToFlash plugin (Mac OSX) to force HTML5 instead of flash. I did try to use an earlier version of the Flash plugin, but OSX blocked it for security reasons.
Simon.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Have a look here for the latest on this: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,118814.0.html
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
SE
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Well now I've also had a massive speed drop too, 55-57 down to 47, 47 being what bt availability checker said I would get, even though I had 57 np with no disconnects  Shocked
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi SE,
I'd suggest running through our faults wizard - http://faults.plus.net and we can check your line and exchange to see if there's any issues.
SE
Rising Star

kk on it now  Wink
btw cat all the way
dick:quote
fandaz
Dabbler

Just to confirm with you all, I have noticed this as well...................very frustrating.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi all,
We raised a case with Google about this last week, there seems to have been a couple of problems which were affecting more than just ourselves. They came back to us last night and said that the problem should be fixed as of late yesterday evening so can you let us know if you see any problems this afternoon or tonight please?
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
buseng12
Grafter

I've had this problem as well with YT with buffering  & loading "in chunks" for a while, even with my previous isp, o2. All other streaming services like Vimeo & particularly  iPlayer worked no problem.
Even toggling the YT progress bar locked it all up. Anyway I've just tried a YT HD video that I have previously watched & it seems much better all round.
Thanks for sorting this out, why it took Google so long I don't know.