cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube problems

danger11
Grafter

Youtube problems

Been noticing over the past week or two. youtube seems to load videos slowly and on some occasions it takes about 30 seconds to start. Also videos freeze part way (see image) sometimes.
Anyone else been getting this? (Other sites work fine)
plusnet comment?

http://i41.tinypic.com/rsfmlk.png
38 REPLIES 38
Pyrii
Grafter

Re: Youtube problems

Same, sometimes they don't load at all or will stop halfway through, and if you look at the time bar, it seems to load in chunks, instead of smoothly like it used to on other ISPs.
I get the same with speedtests, the graph will just drop-out mid test and then return 5 seconds later. I thought it might just be my line training.
sully72
Grafter

same for me past couple of nights..............
sully72
Grafter

playing youtube through xbox live plays with no problems..............
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We'll try loading some videos on our test line and see what happens.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

They're loading from here, although one video did take around 10 seconds to start. Other video sites ok?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
danger11
Grafter

mine has taken over a minute before today. Something is clearly wrong. Are you're youtube cache servers at capacity or something?
And yes other sites are fine. My own site is fine. Vimeo is fine too.
sully72
Grafter

even worse today than it was last night........
KevinA
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I honestly thought it was just me, yeah I've noticed this too over the past few days. Takes around 20 sec's for video to start playing normally almost instantly.
Chris
Legend

It looks like something's amiss if there's quite a few of you that are seeing the issues, we're still looking here.
KevinA
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I don't know about others but I've just test using Google Chrome and its working fine instant play back, but using Firefox there is a delay. This could point to the browser itself but I have noticed that Chrome loads HTML5 video and Firefox loads flash player video. I'll perform some more tests..
danger11
Grafter

it seems to be a hit and miss. am getting the same problem on all browsers.
Pyrii
Grafter

Yeah the latest version of flash is a bit naff and I've had all sorts of problems with it, but I'm seeing any large file transfers have hiccups either starting or mid-transfer.
danger11
Grafter

Quote from: Pyrii
Yeah the latest version of flash is a bit naff and I've had all sorts of problems with it, but I'm seeing any large file transfers have hiccups either starting or mid-transfer.

It aint flash related. But yeh it's buggy. youtube works perfectly fine when am tethering
x47c
Grafter

Quote from: KevinAndrews
I honestly thought it was just me, yeah I've noticed this too over the past few days. Takes around 20 sec's for video to start playing normally almost instantly.

I thoght the same - and its the same with me.
Sometimes they seem not to start at all - so I reload the page
I had no idea whether it was my (very) old computer, plusnet or youtube themselves
This is on firefox and win XP