Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouView Trial

GE90
Grafter

YouView Trial

Hi All
I’ve been accepted on the YouView trial, and advised that I should expect the box in March.
Not knowing much about this, is it simply the hardware (the box) that we trial, or is it also a change to our service to include something extra i.e. extra channels etc? Otherwise what is to stop someone simply buying a nearly new box for £40, and using that?
Thank you!
Mods - please move if this is better posted in a different part of the site.
10 REPLIES 10
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: YouView Trial

As part of the Youview Trial, you will be trialled the entire process.
That starts from receiving the box from us, getting everything setup and enjoying the channels and service provided. Without going into too much detail, you could use your own Youview box, however, the idea of the trial is to test everything, which includes the equipment and the process of us getting that equipment to you.
We'll provide you with further details closer to the time regarding this though.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Please make sure you're aware of the following part of the T&Cs you agreed to as part of the trial signup:
Confidential Information:
20. You agree to keep in confidence any information (whether written or oral) of a confidential nature obtained under this agreement and will not disclose that information to anyone other than those we agree without our consent. This obligation of confidentiality continues indefinitely after the end of the trial.
21. It is essential that you keep information relating to your participation in the Trial confidential. In addition to the declaration set out in this document you must not:
a. Disclose to anyone else any information, experience, images, content or details relating to your participation in the Trial;
b. Write any comments on the internet, including any social networking sites, relating to your participation in the Trial unless it is on the dedicated trial forum;
c. Take or share any photographs of your YouView Box, the YouView user interface or of any other materials provided to you in connection with the Trial;
d. Share your login details to the YouView Trials website with anyone else; or
e. Allow anyone else, other than the people you live with, to use your YouView Box or to view any materials provided to you in connection with the Trial.
22. These restrictions apply both during your participation in the Trial and afterwards, including after the termination of these Terms and Conditions.
23. You will immediately notify us if you become aware that the information referred to in paragraphs 20 and/or 21 has been disclosed and that information may be put to unauthorised use.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
GE90
Grafter

Great,  understood, thank you.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

A NDA for a alpha/beta game I understand, but Youview?
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Interesting stuff.
I actually have a YouView box which I received as part of the initial pre-release trials of Youview.
But I'm not on fibre so can't participate in this variant.  Sad
Just wondering if the new channels will show up anyway as it's very definitely connected to the router which runs at 18mbps anyway.  Lips_are_sealed
Edit: Just did a retune, first since moving to PN, no internet channels found. Hardly surprising, I guess they're only on FTTC lines.  Wink
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

I'm assuming that the NDA is from YouView rather than PN since PN have very been very closed loop regarding trials?
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Such as
Grin Grin

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Quote from: buntrob
I'm assuming that the NDA is from YouView rather than PN since PN have very been very closed loop regarding trials?

no, it's from PN.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
HalfShaft
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

pffff..... Youview......
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

mod:note
Locked as the question has been answered and thread is going off topic.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'