Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube Video uploading

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: YouTube Video uploading

I thought the blue message about QuickTime on the youtube page was about encoding / preparing the video differently!
SuperZoom
Grafter

the banner is related to transcoding not uploading
EDIT: I think ejs and I posted effectively the same thing at the same time there!
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

its about upload and processing time for YouTube not just the processing time on the server before the video becomes live (in case someone reading this doesn't understand what transcoding relates to)
optimizing the output from the upload program also has the fringe benefit of reducing YouTube's server overhead....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
SuperZoom
Grafter

and is present in post #43 as well gosh you don't know how painful this no capitals no punctuation no sentences thing is for me im going to stop doing it now i cant go on and definitely dont want to get into transcoding because if you think mtu is voodoo elipsis
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

which actually explains why his upload took as long as it did... he still has a poorly optimized set of software and there still competing for ownership of his network settings......

btw I didn't say QuickTime on its own was the route cause of the problem I said it was that + something else (because a single piece of spyware cant cause conflicts with itself....) removing the registry key that allows things to "take control of network interface" is what "fixed the problem" which was performed by the stack rebuild CLI
as for the punctuation, just be glad there's an auto correct for the spellings or you would really struggle
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
SuperZoom
Grafter

The stack reset KB article, specifically, was a genuinely helpful and informative tip to pass on. That's what the forum is for, so that's good.
And the problem MikesMovies was experiencing has resolved; so that's good too.
richard45000

Hi, I had the same problem uploading to youtube.
Youtube is very slow at uploading.
If you are uploading to youtube directly, try using a 3rd party youtube uploading program.
I can't remember what I used before I stopped.
They are alot faster.
deathtrap
Grafter

My upload speeds to you-tube where around 5-7mbps the last time i uploaded something there, I have around 19mbps  max throughput upstream , I did read somewhere that lots of people had the same slow uploading issues with youtube , so maybe it's down to their servers