cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube Uploading

CL01
Grafter

YouTube Uploading

Hey forumers, I'm writing this topic incase there is anyone wanting help with YouTube uploading hints and tricks.
There are many different reasons for YT uploading taking hours. Low broadband speeds and large file sizes are mainly the problem. So let's get on with it.
1) Low broadband speeds: A rarity on Plusnet (for me anyway) but has 3 ways of challenging the problems. The most effective would be changing to fibre optic. With great deals if you change you phone to Plusnet, firbe optic has never been better or more affordable. The second way you be changing you connection (from pc to router.) If you are using wi-fi, you will get a faster, stronger and potentially more reliable connection if you use Ethernet. I admit wires can get annoying but with my setup (of 2 desktops, a PS3 and PS4, a laptop and TV with keyboards And mice for the desktops and wired chargers for the PSs) I will not be able to get away from that. The final way, which worked brilliantly for me, is changing your router. I used the TG585 v7 for 2-3 years but last year It started to shut up shop and drastically effected the speeds I were getting and the distance of coverage. I decided to spend (in my tems) quite a bit of dosh and bought a £30-£50 TP-Link W9890 N600. I use the 5Ghz for gaming and streaming/uploading and the standard 2.5Ghz (I think) for browsing on older devices. Just with these changes (excluding fibre, I'm still on ADSL for a couple more months (contract)), I saw a %200-%300 rise in broadband preformance.
2) Large file sizes: Often a problem especially if using FRAPS. You can reduce file sizes by using a simple program called handbreak. Free from www.handbreak.fr and extremely effective. Can cut file sizes in half whilst keeping 1080p quality. Sorry this is a bit brief but my iPad is nearly out of charge :(. But anyways thanks for reading and I hope this helps you :).
2 REPLIES 2
All4One
Grafter

Re: YouTube Uploading

Well, using any decent capture program kicks out high quality, big MB files. A better program to use would be Vegas/Premiere Pro/Final Cut - Export via h.264 and select bitrate etc, keeps really good quality, changing bitrate will alter quality to filesize etc.
Guides for these programs are all over youtube for best export settings for specifically, youtube.
Standard broadband is pretty useless this day and age for uploading decent quality footage to youtube. ie...on my upload 10-12Mbps  I upload 3.5GB within an hour easily. A standard broadband connection, if you can hit upload of 1Mbps is going to take about 8 hours or so.
Gaming, I'd avoid wifi. Much rather utilize power line adapters.
CL01
Grafter

Re: YouTube Uploading

Ok thanks for that. I have never been one for spending money on 'pro' video software so I wasn't really in a position to mention it.