cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another FTTC RFS date change

sdfranks
Grafter

Yet another FTTC RFS date change

I've just seen the fifth (or is it sixth?) RFS date come and go for FTTC on my exchange (MYMOO). Yet again, the date has quietly changed to some months away.
I don't suppose there is anything to be done about it. Unless someone knows how/who I can whinge at?
Of course it is not PlusNet's fault, but it is awfully frustrating. It would give some crumbs of comfort if there was any information why the date keeps moving back.
And that's ignoring the worry that my cabinet might take extra time to be enabled, or might just get left out.
It's not as if I am in a rural area: Leeds is a pretty big place, and this exchange is a decent size (24000 lines, according to SamKnows, in a small geographic area).
Some 18 months after the first RFS date I guess I'm stuck on less than 3Mbps for the forseeable future.
Grumble, grumble, whine, whinge, etc.  Embarrassed
Thank you for reading, I feel a bit better now. But only a bit, mind.
7 REPLIES 7
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Yet another FTTC RFS date change

Go on, have another moan you can say how useless BTw & BT OutOf Reach are  Shocked
You'll feel even better then  Smiley
Mind you, you won't get much sympathy from me. you'll get a bit, but not much. I'm on 20CN with no sign of any upgrade of anything.  Cry
sdfranks
Grafter

Thank you for those kind words.
I am sorry to hear you are stuck on 20CN. I'd say something asinine about the fact that at least you know where you stand, when I've had my hopes raised and dashed so many times (I'm sure it is bad for my health, maybe the NHS can do something...  Crazy). But I guess I am still better off with some hope of something some time. So you have my sympathies.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Thank you kindly, I will return the sympathies since you have pointed out that your situation is bad for your health. However, I believe you have a good Hospital in Leeds (Jimmy's? IIRC) so that could be a good thing.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi sdfranks,
If you're getting dates of 31st March, 30th June, 30th September or 31st December then these are place holder dates, so this means that it is planned but there's no definite date. This can change any time so you'll just have to keep an eye on it. If you see any other date then that will be the real date.
Jojo Smiley
Crundy

Yeah same issue here. I'm quite a way from the exchange, so I'm currently enjoying broadband speeds of less than 400kbps, which is a bit annoying considering I work from home. Trying to download a zipped 900Mb backup of our database for my test bench every week gets slightly painful.
I was counting down the minutes to the end of June when we were originally scheduled to be upgraded to FTTC, and then when it was a few days away it changed to September Sad
We'll get there eventually, although I'm predicting BT won't bother upgrading our cabinets for a while.
sdfranks
Grafter

Hi Jojo,
Thanks for that fascinating information. Yes, every date so far has been in that list, first in 2011 and now in 2012. So I guess these dates are pretty much meaningless: the only information is really that the exchange will probably be enabled sometime. Maybe.
Why, oh why can't they just say what they mean? Of course that is a rhetorical question, giving real or useful information is not something I associate with Openreach (or whoever they are these days).  Angry
But many thanks for this. As usual, PlusNet helps where BT hinders...  Wink  I am very glad to see this continue so long after being bought by BT group: it had me worried at the time.
Stephen
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Stephen,
It's worth checking regularly though because IIRC I think WWWombat was in the same boat and one day it just changed - I think it was something like 30th June but then it changed to 16th June.
Jojo Smiley