cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xavi 7768r modem/router setup - help!

ddingbat
Dabbler

Xavi 7768r modem/router setup - help!

Anyone out there know how to set one of these to work with Plusnet?
It seems to get an ADSL connection, but nothing works. I have found one error message that says "LCP negotiation would not converge"
Thanks!
18 REPLIES 18
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Re: Xavi 7768r modem/router setup - help!

I believe that error is due to an authentication problem. These routers have a "not-the-norm" setup style IIRC, so can't help out much. Have you made sure your username/password are correct?
Which settings did you use to set it up?
ddingbat
Dabbler

hi Mike, thanks for the rapid response. Yes, checked out user name/pw most carefully.
You are right about the non standard setup - much more complicated than my Linksys one that has partially died on me.
I've tried to follow the Plusnet guidelines as far as I can to create a PPoA link. However, the options offered on the Xavi  box are legion and it do not use the same terminology - so rather confusing.
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

If you post some screenshots of the setup pages I'd be happy to try help set it up. It'll also probably help a few more community members try find the solution if they can see what you are being asked for Smiley
ddingbat
Dabbler

OK, here are some screen shots. I'll have to post several replies to attach them all!
ddingbat
Dabbler

ddingbat
Dabbler

ddingbat
Dabbler

OK, that's it for now, let's hope somebody out there understands!
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

WAN status says "Dynamic; from PPPoE", and Auto-Connect is set to "False". Try change these and see if that helps.
I hate the Xavi routers setup Tongue
ddingbat
Dabbler

Thanks Mike, I'll try that.
The Wan status puzzles me, since the ONLY connection that exists is configured as PPoA.  I'll see if there is some way I have missed for specifying which connection it should refer to.
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Would this be any use to you? I just did a quick search for settings for you and found that page.
ddingbat
Dabbler

Thanks Mike - I think that must refer to a different (newer?) Xavi device since mine does not have the "Quick Configuration" tab.
Mine originated in Spain (Telefonica) and I'm wondering if that means there is something about it that is profoundly incompatible with the UK?
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Are you fluent in Spanish? I found a link that concerns the PPPoE settings for the Xavi 7768r.
I'll dig them out and post a link soon.
ddingbat
Dabbler

"Fluent" would be a claim too far, but I can get by! I'll take a look, perhaps it will tell me how to remove the PPoE or at least point at another setting.
paulby
Grafter

Under Edit Ip Interface you have DHCP set to false - should this not be true to enable an IP address to be obtained automatically from PlusNet?
Also, should NAT not be set to true too?
You could try this setup video, changing the settings to suit your PN ones, of course