cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong router delivered

MrDodge
Hooked

Wrong router delivered

I have just had fibre installed, and I think that PN have sent me the wrong router package as it contains ADSL microfilters, and no cable with red plugs.
It is however a TG582n router, which I believe is the same box that is supposed to be sent to fibre customers.
So... is it possible to get the TG582n  working with fibre using an old ethernet cable I have instead of the red cable? I have tried to connect it up, but it didn't work.
The green broadband light didn't stop flashing, and when I got to the router login page it didn't accept the router access password that I have received.
Do I need to get another router from PN?
thanks in advance for any tips. currently using PC connected directly to Openreach modem. That works fine.
10 REPLIES 10
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Wrong router delivered

There are posts on here somewhere with links to the firmware to reflash it to become a FTTC router.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Have a look at: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,104892.msg894902.html#msg894902 (the links in Matt's post: possibly rather old firmware since the post was a good while ago)
See also http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,104892.msg894902.html#msg894902
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

and when I got to the router login page it didn't accept the router access password that I have received

The router access password is the serial no, it's printed on the underside of the router.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MrDodge
Hooked

Yes, that the same number that I have on the card. The router doesn't accept the number.
dick:quote
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Very strange!. I could perhaps see how the wrong card was supplied but AFAIK the default settings of the router will use the s/n. Is it possible you're confusing O's with zeros ?
Also try a factory reset
While the unit is on, hold down a thin object such as a paper clip into the reset hole at the back next to the power button until the power light on the unit goes off. Release the reset button.
  and then see if it will accept the password

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

w23
Pro

Don't forget, the password is 'CaSe SeNsItIvE'
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
apjashley1
Grafter

Does it have a USB port on the side?
Also try "Administrator" (note capital A) and leave the password box blank.
MrDodge
Hooked

thanks for the replies peeps. I have confirmed with plusnet support that they sent out the wrong router, and am getting another one. Not sure I'm brave enough to try re-flashing the box I have! if it doesn't work, it'll be useless for anything...
w23
Pro

... except a doorstop.  Wink
Call me 'w23'
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry about this, I can see we've posted the correct router out now to you. The incorrect one was sent by human error, so shouldn't be a widespread issue.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.