cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong details on about my line on BT Wholesale

cjclegg

Wrong details on about my line on BT Wholesale

All
I ordered Fiber a few weeks ago and was told that I could get it at my new house based on my postcode, the order was placed. However, only ADSL has been installed and I have been told by PlusNet that Fiber is not available at my property yet.
Undeterred, I have done a bit of investigation and searching the wholesale checker for a property a few doors down shows FTTC is available.
A search of the BT wholesale site for my number gives the results in checker1.png  (note there is no FTTC available). A search for my neighbor up the road gives the results in checker2.jpg (note there is FTTC available). Since we are both on the same cabinet, how is it possible that I cannot get FTTC?

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks
16 REPLIES 16
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Wrong details on about my line on BT Wholesale

Sorry to hear of your disappointment. If we're confident that you're on the same cab as your neighbour then we should be able to assume that this is down to a records issue.
I can see we've broached this with our suppliers according to ticket 75985765 so please keep an eye on there for an update.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Adam, I was about to post about being on different cabinets earlier on when I saw the post, until I saw on the screenshots that they were both on cabinet 3.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

The ADSL data for the two numbers is quite different
1. up to 5.5; 4 to 8
2. up to 8  ; 7 to 8
Superficially, at least, might that difference suggest that one line is much longer than the other, and so distances from both exchange and cabinet varied to a like extent.
Could it be that with the vagaries of loops' paths the properties are further apart than the OP believes? BTW near me there are two houses a road width apart that have considerably different FTTC estimates; reason the loop tracks round a large cul-de-sac between the two.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

That could be a good point.  I think BTO will only provide FTTC connections if it will be above a certain speed.  Maybe for whatever reason the speed estimate is below that level, and why the checker is not including it.  I think it would need to be a very long line (more than the differences in those ADSL estimates) to be too slow though.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

cjclegg

An address check for my next door neighbor shows FTTC at 66 meg....
Oh and I found the cabinet the other day and my house is about 150m away from it
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Strange one, we're asked the question to our suppliers regarding this and are awaiting an update.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

My friend had the same problem. His cabinet is number 24 and there are 18 houses on the same road with the same FTTC cabinet PCP24. But, 16 houses get FTTC except 2 houses got no FTTC. So, my friend's isp had been investigated with BT Wholesale and the reason he cannot get FTTC on his property as BT Wholesale rejected the order and no explain why. He give up and stuck on ADSL2+.
Very bad and don't understand why is this?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Very bad and don't understand why is this?

Sometimes orders can be rejected or cancelled with no reason provided but it should then be down to the ISP to chase that up for further information. In the case of a rejection this can take a little more time to do but as with @cjclegg we can push back to find out more in such cases.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cjclegg

An address search of the wholesale checker for my address now shows FTTC available at 57 meg  Smiley Smiley Smiley
However, a phone number search still isn't showing the FTTC
Hopefully this does now mean that it is available....
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've checked to see if we can place the order and it's still not letting us, our provisioning team are chasing this up with our suppliers and we'll keep you updated.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Are you sure that your line isn't a direct to the exchange line.
If your property is a new build it takes time for OR to add the phone number to the system
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
cjclegg

@NorthEasterner the BT Wholesale checker reports I am on Cab 3 when I search using both my address and telephone number.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We're continuing to pursue this, apologies for the delay.
cjclegg

Does anyone know how often the Openreach database is updated and if its possible to contact them directly?  The results for the address checker and line checker are still contradicting each other and I'm assuming its this that is preventing PlusNet or any other provider from ordering FTTC on my line.
I have now been in touch with a neighbour who confirms that the checker for his property is also showing Cabinet 3 with FTTC availability.
Cheers