cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong cost showing for Plusnet Value

metdenmar
Dabbler

Wrong cost showing for Plusnet Value

I've changed product to Plusnet Value and since I live in a cheap area 3, I'm told cost is £5.99/month. However when I look at my account summary page the cost is showing at £11.99/month. Telephone call to Plusnet and they say they are aware of the issue and that I will get a £6 discount when billed. But why can't they get it correct on my product summary page?
More importantly when I try to limit my usage to £9.99/month on the data transfer watch page, I find I cannot do this - I get this message "Please enter an amount that is greater than your minimum limit" where the minimum is shown as a subscription cost of £11.99!!
Very unsatisfactory - please get the Value product sorted out soon.

7 REPLIES 7
James
Grafter

Re: Wrong cost showing for Plusnet Value

Hi there,
I'm sorry about this - they're both known issues that we're trying to get fixed.
Basically, the product price is £11.99 with discounts applied accordingly depending on which area you are in, hence these problems.
Not applicable

I've been overcharged too since moving onto Value by the full amount of £5.99. CS say that it will all be sorted at the next billing so will wait for that. Seems that the system is getting a bit over-worked and is unable to cope at the mo.
Huh
metdenmar
Dabbler

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi there,
I'm sorry about this - they're both known issues that we're trying to get fixed.

Thanks James - good to know these issues are being addressed - hope it doesn't take too long to fix Smiley
puddy
Grafter

If you paid by direct debit your bank will refund the difference immediately under the direct debit mandate scheme
puddy
Chaldon
Dabbler

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi there,
Basically, the product price is £11.99 with discounts applied accordingly depending on which area you are in, hence these problems.

Surely the CONTRACT price is the discounted amount (in this case £5.99) and should be shown on the Account Summary.  Alternatively show BOTH the NORMAL product price AND the applicable discount.  Don't understand why this should be a problem to fix.
Chaldon
Dabbler

Quote from: poppy
I've been overcharged too since moving onto Value by the full amount of £5.99. CS say that it will all be sorted at the next billing so will wait for that. Seems that the system is getting a bit over-worked and is unable to cope at the mo.
Huh

I too have been charged twice for £5.99.  Instead of reporting it to my bank and getting an immediate refund I raised a ticket (No 28082381) and received the reply that it could take up to 14 days for the refund to reach my account, with the blame being attributed to the banks.  Quite honestly I think this is utter nonsense.  I have queried why Plusnet are not using the Faster Payments Service introduced by the banking industry in May 2008, by which an amount should be credited to the payee's account within hours
jazz
Grafter

I've also been double charged £5.99 for moving to Value - I've raised a ticket but don't know when it will get repaid.  My referral credits were also frozen and not paid this month! Sad