cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Plusnet Fibre Profile?

BigMo

Wrong Plusnet Fibre Profile?

Hi,
I just got my fibre installed today, at first I could only get 7.5Mbs down and 16Mbs up, after a call to support it has gone to 36.53Mbs down and 17.71Mbs up.
This is what it says in the member centre
"Estimated line speed:
66Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2013-09-18 18:46:11
Current line speed:
    37 Mb"
The Bt speedtest says
"Max Achievable Speed 77.44 Mbps down" and "Max Achievable Speed 20Mbps up" and the ip profile for my line is 77.44Mbps.
Is it possible plusnet still don't have the correct profile set for my line?
I am on the 80/20 unlimited package.
cheers
Mo
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Wrong Plusnet Fibre Profile?

Quote from: BigMo
Is it possible plusnet still don't have the correct profile set for my line?

Yes, Current line speed should be 77.4Mbps to match the BT IP Profile. You could ring support and ask them to change it; the Digital Care Team staff may not be here again until Monday.
David
BigMo

Thanks spraxyt, I got it sorted this morning. You'd think that this kind of thing would be automatic and save people the frustation of having to hang on the phone for ages to get support. Still, sorted now. Smiley
cheers
Mo
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Current line speed should automatically be set properly, but sometimes this seems to be a slow process. Normally Plusnet initially set the value to the maximum when switch-over occurs so users are not restricted pending the update. However in your case the process appears to have lost its way somewhat.
Glad to hear you got it sorted eventually. Smiley
David