cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow - thanks plusnet!!

GJenkins
Grafter

Wow - thanks plusnet!!

Yesterday morning I woke up to a dead connection on both the DSL light on openreach modem and the phone (which actually had been silent for a few weeks). I called plusnet and they quickly identified a fault with my connection.
After a quick cuppa I had set out to do the shopping and discovered 3 BT vans at the end of my street replacing the metal aluminium pole with a brand new wooden one (is it me or is this backwards? lol). I guessed that would be the reason for me having no internet..
By 2:30pm they BT guys had left and my connection was still dead. This morning I rang plusnet to see if there was an update on my fault and they could only say an engineer had been assigned with the resolution being on Friday at 5pm - great I thought - another day without my net, within 5 minutes the engineer calls my mobile and states he is at the fault and that there were in fact 3 faults on the line. 12 pm he was all done and I had a working phone and internet once again.
The download speed was around 10meg (he measured it should be at least 30) so he told me to call plusnet to ask for the connection to be reset as he didnt have the full details he needed to do it manually. I called plusnet and they said that the settings had already been configured to be the optimum and I would just need to wait 24 hours for it all to get upto speed.
I cant believe how fast things have been especially as I wasnt expecting anything until at least friday! And I do consider myself lucky because my neighbours phone has also been cut out and rang for help around the same time I had... but since shes with talktalk shes had to battle with the foreign call centers for 2 hours and still hasn't had a engineer booked - instead they are sending out a new router to see if that fixes the problem (which is at the new telegraph pole).
Thanks Plusnet!
6 REPLIES 6
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Wow - thanks plusnet!!

Quote from: GJenkins
BT vans at the end of my street replacing the metal aluminium pole with a brand new wooden one (is it me or is this backwards? lol).

Wood has little scrap value for metal thieves Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
GJenkins
Grafter

Haha we did have a joke that the 'engineers' were actually thieves and swapping it for a wooden one under the guise they were from BT - to be honest who'd be any wiser? lol
adie:quote
x47c
Grafter

You may jest but that is exactly what has been happening with the real cable thieves.
Accoridng to my local radio the thieves have been turning up with badly painted "openreach vans" in the middle of the night, any member of the public casually seeing them would think "what a good idea, essential infrastructure maintenance done in the middle of the night when no one is using their phone......."
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi GJenkins,
Thanks for the positive feedback.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
GJenkins
Grafter

No Problem -
I keep running speedtests and raised a fault with support because the bt speedtester said to do so - however I did this in the week and the 'fibre team' always gets back to me and reports that theres no fault as the profile of 18 is the maximum available for my line (I have previously had around 25).
Things have seemed quite off since the repair on the pole - even the engineer showed me that I should be getting around 30mb or so and that is when I called plusnet for a reset on the line as he suggested to do so. I think this needs a bit more attention that the standard cut&paste messages that I have previously had..

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download Speed
6 Mbps

0 Mbps 18.25 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 6 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12.77 Mbps-18.25 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 18.25 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.
Upload Speed
1.72 Mbps

0 Kbps 2 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 1.72Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 2 Mbps

Your service was found to be performing poorly.
Please raise a fault with your service provider, stating that the BT Performance Tester tool indicates poor service throughput performance after the third test.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi GJenkins,
I'll see if I can get someone in faults to take a look for you.
Jojo Smiley