Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would like explanation of order being complete but not really

PlusOne
Dabbler

Would like explanation of order being complete but not really

I missed to ask the helpful chap on the phone today what he actually meant by:
"the order is completed on their systems and there is just a delay in updating the system"
Which apparently takes yet another 2.5-3 days to sort out
7 REPLIES 7
PlusOne
Dabbler

Re: Would like explanation of order being complete but not really

By they he meant BTO by the way.
How can an order be complete but at the same time not be complete on the system and why does this require an additional order taking 2-3 days to sort out I suppose is my question.
Just annoyed at the constant additional delays to actually being able to use my internet
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just checked the order status and basically it's showing as closed and complete on one of our suppliers systems but not on another, to get this fixed a 'bridge case' has been raised and we've been told the next update is in 48 hours.
In the meantime can you plug your router in and tell me if the broadband light comes on and stays lit?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
PlusOne
Dabbler

Hi Chris
Broadband internet light remains red (old talktalk router).
Other lights green as they always are.
Thanks for the explanation. Surprised it takes 2 days for an update for something that sounds very simple in my not so knowledgeable mind!
Is it guaranteed to work with that next up date or is there a chance of yet another wait thereafter?
Chris
Legend

Hmm, basically I'm trying to find out if the line is 'synced' up and it's just the authentication that's not happening. Unfortunately I don't know what the TalkTalk router is, so can't really tell from the description.
It may be that if we activate your account on our side you can connect, however that will also start your billing. It may also be that it doesn't and we have to wait for the update.
If you want me to activate your account and see if you can get online then let me know. You will need to update the connection details in the router to the username/password for our service (your username will be YOURUSERNAME@pludsl.net).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
PlusOne
Dabbler

Its a Dlink 3780 and already setup with Plusnet dns and login details.
Happy for you to start it as not concerned about billing dates.
Thanks
Chris
Legend

OK I've done that, fingers crossed!
PlusOne
Dabbler

Its working! Thanks so much Chris!