cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst WiFi ever

Nannydeb

Worst WiFi ever

Worst WiFi ever would not reconnect constantly dropping in and out my sons driving me nuts as he uses it for online gaming and he’s said he will have to go McDonald’s to get a decent connection not happy with service at all
2 REPLIES 2
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Worst WiFi ever

Poor wifi can be caused by several factors, most of which are out of the hands of the ISP ( ie plusnet)

Most ISp routers are for want of a better word, [-Censored-], they will be just up to the job and no more (to cut costs) what router are you using?

Next up the location, and building its being used in, is the router roughly centraly located? how old is the building ( presumably your house) and what is it made from? 60's/70's/80's and upto early to mid 90's buildings will be mainly brick, newer builds will have insulation on the plasterboard that will affect the wifi signal, older stone/heavy brick buildings will also affect the signal, even the best router on the market will not be able to overcome difficult conditions, although the wifi should perform better, and the whole thing should be more stable.

Before you get the ISP ( plusnet) involved try connecting using a wired connection ( ethernet) do you still have problems?

What was your previous ISP? how did their router perform? can you configure this ( old) router to work with plusnet?

tip- if using a new router, instead of entering new SSID/password/connection details into every device, change the SSID and password of your new router to match the old, then you only change one device ( the router) instead of the myriad of devices that connect via wifi in todays world.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Worst WiFi ever

Hi there, the broadband connection itself seems to be dropping so I don't think the issue is specific to WiFi. 

I'd try following the checks here as your next step and do let me know how you get on https://goo.gl/tu2WWu

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team