Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World Cup = Worst Connections?

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

World Cup = Worst Connections?

Of late, when reading this and similar forums, I've gained a perception that there have been more connection problems. Some mention the last three weeks. Could ISP's systems and BT have been under extensive strain in the period? I wondered, and then in a search saw
  this.
Probably this warrants a non-discussion, if the hair style is ignored ;D, and the vid sounded very echoee too
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: World Cup = Worst Connections?

Hi Lucerne,
You might have picked up from previous posts and service statuses that we forecast, plan ahead and increase our bandwidth on a regular basis.
When doing this we do make provision as you might expect for things like major sporting events.
Maybe it sounds like I'm blowing our own trumpet but it might be the case that in doing so we've avoided a few issues by taking this approach? Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

On average I lost 20-25kB/s during it, went from 4mbit ish down to 3.7mbit.  But it is still to stabilise yet, as I just did a clean reboot today with same speeds
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

i watched a lot of it online.. managed to stream 107.09GB this month with not seeming deterioration 
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Luzern
Hero

Adam! Smiley No inference on my part that PN do not plan ahead, but plans do not work out to plan always. And what about shared facilities you do not have control of?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Adam! Smiley No inference on my part that PN do not plan ahead

No worries, just being informative. There was no inference from myself you were trying to claim that, there was no negative or defensive sentiment intended in my reply.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Luzern
Hero

Quote from: dvorak
i watched a lot of it online.. managed to stream 107.09GB this month with not seeming deterioration 

Won't experiences vary according to location? I'm neutral on the matter. Sport does not grab me, but I let the visiting grandson watch the final!