cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workplace profile was mismatched and has been updated

Welshdragon
Rising Star

Workplace profile was mismatched and has been updated

Can anyone please explain what this all means.....?

MGALS Value: 2.17 Mbps | BTW Estimate: 3 Mbps

• Workplace profile was mismatched and has been updated
      • No BT Wholesale speedtest has been performed on this connection

1) What modifications have been done to the line .....?

2) Will this help with some incoming calls knocking off thr broadband.....?Huh

For Reference, I typically get anywhere between 6 - 8 Mbps.

The advice in the ticket suggests I use the test socket, it will be approx 1 hour before I can get do that.

2 REPLIES 2
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Workplace profile was mismatched and has been updated

Hey there. MGALS stands for Minimum Guaranteed Access Line Speed - it's the absolute minimum that your router should sync at.  The Workplace profile (Current Line Speed in your Member Centre) has been updated to match the profile of the line. And there would be no records of you completing the BTWholesale speedtester.

I can't answer your question about any modifications as I'm not currently in the office, however I would suggest trying your test socket as when phone calls affect the broadband signal, the fault can be caused by internal wiring.

Once the fault is resolved, hopefully your speeds will return to normal where they usually sit at.

I hope this helps

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Welshdragon
Rising Star

Re: Workplace profile was mismatched and has been updated

Thank you Anoush

The calls to Broadband knockout, is typically & noticeable (only) by one number, which is TalkTalk  IIRC & may be on an LLU system & the knockout kicks in upon answering the call.