cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working Line Takeover after Cease Order?

Gunny

Working Line Takeover after Cease Order?

I've moved into a new house and the existing provider is Sly. They have a cease order on the line which completes on 06/08/2013.
I've been getting messages from Plusnet customer support telling me they need me to get the cease order cancelled before they can progress my order, otherwise an engineer visit will be required costing an extra £49.99.
Have been doing a little research and trying to understand this document: http://www.offta.org.uk/BPG-WLTO.pdf
So is it possible for Plusnet to do a Working Line Takeover on the Sky telephone line so they can takeover after 6th August which would mean the engineer visit wouldn't be required?
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Working Line Takeover after Cease Order?

What Plusnet Support are telling you is correct, they can't take over a line that has a cease order on it. Presumably that was placed by the previous occupiers who have cancelled their contract with Sky.
I'm not sure if Sky will respond to this since (I assume) you are not their customer. However you need to contact Sky and try to get them to cancel the cease order. If you succeed in getting that done Plusnet should be able to place a take-over order to migrate you to their service.
If the cease order is not cancelled the phone and broadband service will terminate and a new provide will be required.
David
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Gunny,
I'm keen to make sure we get this sorted correctly for you so please let us know if you manage to get that cease cancelled and I'll make sure our provisioning guys who will be handling your order are aware.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Wulfy
Grafter

Hi,
As this seems to be a simler thing that may creep up on me, ive got a install booked for the 8th from plusnet now i got a letter from sky saying there going to term the line on the 9th as theve been notified by a new provider. Now im wondering if im gonna end up in the same boat and need them to cancel doing this?
Best regards,
Chris
Pyrii
Grafter

A new tactic of "Sly"? Cease lines of customers wishing to switch, or new house owners who don't wish to be with Sky? Probably trying to make it cheaper to stick with sky than switch.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Wulfy
We'd definitely advise you to get in touch with Sky ASAP to instruct them not to do that and to cancel any pending cease orders.
Hope this doesn't lead to any set back for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team