What is a woosh test?

Puddy
(account jillweekes)
8 REPLIES 8
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Woosh test

It was my impression that it was the sound a fault made immediately after it was submitted to BT by Plusnet - Woosh and it's reurned "no fault found". Wink
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

It's a copper line test that we're able to conduct using a diagnostic tool provided by BT Wholesale.
Edit: lol @jelv

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

James
Grafter

WOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Woosh is the name of a suite of diagnostic tools that BT Wholesale supply us with.
Most common test is a "One Shot Check" which runs various diagnostics on lines, showing line stats, connection frequency, failed logins and so on.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Woosh Attentuation Test
This test is one of a whole suite of tests no longer used for line qualification anymore, due to the variations caused by the various bits of ADSL hardware people use but still of significance. In particular the attenuation test looks at the quality of the line across the ADSL frequency range and measures how much of the signal actually reaches your house.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Woosh Attentuation Test
This test is one of a whole suite of tests no longer used for line qualification anymore, due to the variations caused by the various bits of ADSL hardware people use but still of significance. In particular the attenuation test looks at the quality of the line across the ADSL frequency range and measures how much of the signal actually reaches your house.
This test is one of a whole suite of tests no longer used for line qualification anymore,
Which begs the question..... why do it then?
James
Grafter

Nah, it's still used.  Well, the actual tests are, but it's a different suite.
We now use the faults diagnostics suite of the BT Wholesale site, which isn't called Woosh anymore, but it does the same thing.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: shutter
This test is one of a whole suite of tests no longer used for line qualification anymore,
Which begs the question..... why do it then?

Not my words Cry
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
puddy
Grafter

Thank you for all the info.
I asked because of a fault that I have rasied with F9 they said they had done a whoosh test and it shows " Woosh test confirms intermittent fault"
I take it I do have a fault.
puddy
(account jillweekes)