cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withdrawn loyalty discount

glocal
Rising Star

Withdrawn loyalty discount

I recently moved to a new address and transferred my PN account. At the time I was offered the option to defer the £40 payment to PN for a year, which would then be written off. I took this offer and now I see this service notice: 'All special offer discounts have been cancelled on the account as part of the cancellation/scheduled cancellation process.' As I realise now, this meant that the £5 loyalty discount I was receiving was cancelled. Is this what should have happened? If so, why wasn't I told? If I knew I might have considered paying the £40 charge up-front.
Michael
12 REPLIES 12
Not applicable

Re: Withdrawn loyalty discount

Should've been made clearer before they deferred the fee's IMO.
You've lost nothing, but the confusion should have been averted before the event.
dusty_bin
Grafter

Just out of interest...
If an account went from monthly to annual to get the discount, does it revert to a monthly contract if the discount is withdrawn?
Not applicable

Good point!
It definately *should* but whether it *does* or not is worth knowing.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
As has been pointed out, the discount only applies when there are no deferred fees present.  I'm sorry if this wasn't made clear initially.
Regarding the change from annual to monthly contracts, this should happen, but should be done manually.  As this hasn't happened in this case, I've done it on your account now.
Laser
Grafter

Hi James,
When the loyalty discount was originally announced I posted a question on much the same subject. The answer given by you then was positive.
Has the policy changed?
James
Grafter

Hi Laser,
My reply to you was based on the amount of time that you had been a customer of ours for and not an official policy but more of a goodwill gesture.
Laser
Grafter

Ah, OK James that's nice, thank you!  Grin

glocal
Rising Star

Quote from: Jameseh
As has been pointed out, the discount only applies when there are no deferred fees present.  I'm sorry if this wasn't made clear initially.

Having been a PN customer for years, I can't see the connection between rewarding loyalty and deferred fees, unless of course the loyalty discount is only designed to bind customers contractually, which is served by the deferred fees option anyway. In any case, this should have been made clear in the otherwise detailed correspondence.
Michael
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Deferred fees are a form of discount, so why should people who didn't pay their connection fees etc up front benefit from two discounts (deferred and ultimate written off fees plus a loyalty discount) whilst those of us long standing customers who paid the connection fees before deferred fees were introduced only get one?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
puddy
Grafter

sorry i dont agree I have been with F9 since the very first week I think everybody who introduces a new member should be rewarded no matter what
puddy
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Puddy, we're talking the loyalty discounts, not the referral bounty payments (I thought everybody who referred someone got a reward anyway).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mark
Grafter

I thought everybody who referred someone got a reward anyway

You thought right John. Smiley
Every customer who refers gets up to £30 and a monthly referral payment for the life of the referred account.